GDT: 2017 NHL Draft: The waiting is over! The NYR will pick in the first round!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
That elusive first round pick.

We will pick #21. :amazed:

I think the first round of the draft is one of the best days of the hockey year, regardless if we have a first round pick or not. Makes it even better that we have one. First pick in the first round since Brady Skjei in 2012.

Use this thread for discussion of Round 1 of the draft. Can a moderator please sticky the thread?

Edit: Draft starts at 7:00 for TV purposes. On NBCSN in the USA, SportsNet in Canada.

Last edited:

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
I havent seen anyone be excited about this years draft at all. Are there any sure fire NHLers in the mix there?

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Had this posted in the draft thread leading up to today, but think it could be used here, as well

So every year, the day before the actual draft, I compile a bunch of BOLD predictions that I think could happen and surprise some people. This is just for ***** and gigs, so let me know what you guys think....

- Devils will pick Nico Hischier with the 1st pick.

- Nolan Patrick will slide a bit, due to injury concerns, but still be selected in the top 5.

- Casey Mittelstadt will fall far, but still be picked in the 1st round.

- Some team will reach for Kailer Yamamoto in the top 15.

- There will be a lot of movement on the first day of the draft, including Matt Duchene.

- Vegas will not keep all of their 1st rounders tomorrow. Will trade back to grab more picks.

- Filip Chytil/Jaret Anderson-Dolan/Ivan Lodnia will all be selected in the 1st round.

- At least two goalies will be taken in the 1st round. 1st one will be DiPietro; 2nd will be Oettinger.

- Nikita Popugaev/Kole Lind/Robert Thomas will NOT be selected in the 1st round.

- The Rangers will make a move during the draft, be it the 1st day or the 2nd day, but they will have only ONE 1st rounder.

- The Rangers will select Callan Foote, even if Brannstrom still on the board.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Had this posted in the draft thread leading up to today, but think it could be used here, as well

So every year, the day before the actual draft, I compile a bunch of BOLD predictions that I think could happen and surprise some people. This is just for ***** and gigs, so let me know what you guys think....

- Devils will pick Nico Hischier with the 1st pick.

- Nolan Patrick will slide a bit, due to injury concerns, but still be selected in the top 5.

- Casey Mittelstadt will fall far, but still be picked in the 1st round.

- Some team will reach for Kailer Yamamoto in the top 15.

- There will be a lot of movement on the first day of the draft, including Matt Duchene.

- Vegas will not keep all of their 1st rounders tomorrow. Will trade back to grab more picks.

- Filip Chytil/Jaret Anderson-Dolan/Ivan Lodnia will all be selected in the 1st round.

- At least two goalies will be taken in the 1st round. 1st one will be DiPietro; 2nd will be Oettinger.

- Nikita Popugaev/Kole Lind/Robert Thomas will NOT be selected in the 1st round.

- The Rangers will make a move during the draft, be it the 1st day or the 2nd day, but they will have only ONE 1st rounder.

- The Rangers will select Callan Foote, even if Brannstrom still on the board.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Cal Foote is a big time reach at #7, Joey.

:naughty:

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
I think we'll go Yamamoto, fits what we need and i've heard NYR likes him.

Given the Rangers draft history, I will be shocked if Yamamoto is the pick. I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that a falling Casey Middlestadt will be the pick.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
I still can't figure out if you guys are being delusional about Brannstrom or not. From what I've read, he could go anywhere between 10 to 30 and has the potential to be Matt Gilroy or Erik Karlsson on one foot.

TheBPA

Jul 1, 2004
I still can't figure out if you guys are being delusional about Brannstrom or not. From what I've read, he could go anywhere between 10 to 30 and has the potential to be Matt Gilroy or Erik Karlsson on one foot.

We just want the next Swedish Brian Leetch. Is that too much to ask?

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden

I think he's the best D-man in this draft, he's incredible... So much Gostisbehere/Timonen over him it's scary. I think he'll be available but i'm ready for NYR to pass on him :(

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I'm ready for the world to fall apart just because they won't pick who you guys think is the best option available at their pick.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
I'm ready for the world to fall apart just because they won't pick who you guys think is the best option available at their pick.

I'm fine aslong as they take high end skill and upside honestly. If that's Brännström, Yamamoto, Tolvanen or any other player in that mold doesn't matter TOO much... i prefer Brännström but i'm aight with the others :)

If we trade down and add a 2nd then i'm fine with pretty much whatever too, there's some guys i won't like (Bowers) but mostly it will be fine...

If we on the other hand just stand still on #21, don't add a 2nd and pick a lower ceiling two-way guy then i'll be angry.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
I think they're going to go ultra safe at #21.

Really imperative for them to pick up a few more picks later in this draft.

I mean this could be fine... My issue is if we don't pick up those extra picks AND go ultra safe in the 1st, that's not a good draft at all, that would be AWFUL imo.

bubba5

Aug 2, 2005
Leave it to the Rangers to finally have a pick in a first round that is one of the worst in years. Way to go Sather!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->