2017 NHL Draft Prospects

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
6'0" isn't too big for a guy who is about to turn 15. Some Canadians are already between 6'3 and 6'5" at the age of 14.

??? ya it is, if the guy is 6'00 at 14, he should grow 1 to 2 inches by next year and an inch or two by the year after, he will probably be 6'02 to 6'04 in that range, that is pretty good is it not?

Mr Celly

May 15, 2013
Halifax, NS
Shane Bowers from Nova Scotia could be a first rounder if he physically matures. He is a very shifty player through. Looking forward to hopefully seeing him at All-State Mentorship Cup. A can't-miss talent and a treat to watch in the NSMBHL.

hab 4ever

Mar 9, 2002
Montréal, Québec
Visit site
??? ya it is, if the guy is 6'00 at 14, he should grow 1 to 2 inches by next year and an inch or two by the year after, he will probably be 6'02 to 6'04 in that range, that is pretty good is it not?

Yeah, not sure in which world 6'0" at 14 years old is not tall. I remember when Nicolas Roy was surclassed to Amos Midget AAA at 14 he was 6'1. Two years later, he is 6'4".

Which bodes well for the best Quebec Bantam level Defenceman I have seen in years in Quebec, Mathieu Charlebois, who is 6'2" 185 at 14 years old.

Last edited:

JFA87-66-99

Jun 12, 2007
USA
Yeah, not sure in which world 6'0" at 14 years old is not tall. I remember when Nicolas Ry was surclassed to Amos Midget AAA at 14 he was 6'1. Two years later, he is 6'4".

Which bodes well for the best Quebec Bantam level Defenceman I have seen in years in Quebec, Mathieu Charlebois, who is 6'2" 185 at 14 yiears old.

What can you tell us about Mathieu Charlebois? What kind of a defensemen is he and how is his skating? 6'2 185 is huge for a 14 year old, and I've seen scoutman mention him before as a top prospect for 2015 qmjhl draft. He also mentioned Blake Jamieson as one of the best forwards since Brad Richards.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
poor Blake Jamieson went to CIHA and they don't win at all. he's going to have a really rough time there after many years of dominance

hab 4ever

Mar 9, 2002
Montréal, Québec
Visit site
What can you tell us about Mathieu Charlebois? What kind of a defensemen is he and how is his skating? 6'2 185 is huge for a 14 year old, and I've seen scoutman mention him before as a top prospect for 2015 qmjhl draft. He also mentioned Blake Jamieson as one of the best forwards since Brad Richards.

At this point, Charlebois looks like the total package. He is a great athlete, tremendous skater, strong IQ, great offensively, solid in his own zone and willing to use his size, very good shot, etc. Just a very, very promising defenceman.

JFA87-66-99

Jun 12, 2007
USA
At this point, Charlebois looks like the total package. He is a great athlete, tremendous skater, strong IQ, great offensively, solid in his own zone and willing to use his size, very good shot, etc. Just a very, very promising defenceman.

Thanks for that. Sounds awesome

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Yeah, not sure in which world 6'0" at 14 years old is not tall. I remember when Nicolas Roy was surclassed to Amos Midget AAA at 14 he was 6'1. Two years later, he is 6'4".

Which bodes well for the best Quebec Bantam level Defenceman I have seen in years in Quebec, Mathieu Charlebois, who is 6'2" 185 at 14 years old.

I agree. Of course you always get some special cases (don't want to call them freaks) who are way taller. For example there is a 14 year old goalie in Germany who is 6'4'' at 14 years old, and you will find some of those players all over the world every year, but those are still exceptions.

jhoops89

R.I.P. Thrashers
Mar 14, 2012
I played against Kyle Kawamura a few years ago (against his AAA Thunder in Georgia...don't say anything) and he scored 3 or 4 goals against us. (We were a year older than his team.) and after the game our coach asked his coach if that was a fluke or not and apparently he played like that every game. Basically he's a stud and from what I heard in the locker room a few weeks ago, he's still playing like that pretty much every game. I don't know where he is now though.

WeissFC

@WeissFC
Mar 11, 2010
www.futureconsiderations.ca
I played against Kyle Kawamura a few years ago (against his AAA Thunder in Georgia...don't say anything) and he scored 3 or 4 goals against us. (We were a year older than his team.) and after the game our coach asked his coach if that was a fluke or not and apparently he played like that every game. Basically he's a stud and from what I heard in the locker room a few weeks ago, he's still playing like that pretty much every game. I don't know where he is now though.

He plays for Centennial High School in Tennessee. I watched him play a couple of weeks ago by accident (really didn't go there for scouting purposes). Leading his team in points despite being the youngest playing on the team.

jhoops89

R.I.P. Thrashers
Mar 14, 2012
He plays for Centennial High School in Tennessee. I watched him play a couple of weeks ago by accident (really didn't go there for scouting purposes). Leading his team in points despite being the youngest playing on the team.

Not surprised at all! Do you know how many points he has and how many the next closest guy has?

stanley cucup

Apr 5, 2012
14 years old from Bantam AAA/AA in Quebec that I see as something special are: Mathieu Charlebois(D), Anthony Poulin(Forward) and Jeremy Fortin(Forward). They were all part of Team Quebec that went to the Pensylvania Fall Invitational in September and won every game, even tying a Midget 16 years old team. They beat easily the fifth ranked team in the US coached by Derian Hatcher with Daniel Briere and Kimmo Timmonen's sons in the team. Fortin and Poulin were the best forwards.

hab 4ever

Mar 9, 2002
Montréal, Québec
Visit site
14 years old from Bantam AAA/AA in Quebec that I see as something special are: Mathieu Charlebois(D), Anthony Poulin(Forward) and Jeremy Fortin(Forward). They were all part of Team Quebec that went to the Pensylvania Fall Invitational in September and won every game, even tying a Midget 16 years old team. They beat easily the fifth ranked team in the US coached by Derian Hatcher with Daniel Briere and Kimmo Timmonen's sons in the team. Fortin and Poulin were the best forwards.

I don't know much about Fortin but I heard plenty about Charlebois and Poulin.

At that tournament, I heard Teasdale was chosen as best forward for Team Québec though with Durocher and Durandeau garnering player of the game mentions.

Overall, at the rinks, lots of scouts and agents seem excited about the 1999 group from Qc.

stanley cucup

Apr 5, 2012
Jeremy Fortin had 9 pts in 5 games at that tourney. He's a 5'11 and 145 pounds center. Because of geographical situation in Lac St Jean, he's playing Bantam AA cuz there's no Bantam AAA. He is the league leader in points.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Not surprised at all! Do you know how many points he has and how many the next closest guy has?

Don't know his high school stats but he's also still playing with the Thunder AAA program. He's playing within his age group this year on the bantam major team. Stats so far are 16 goals and 28 points in 18 games. Next highest scorer has 6 goals and 19 points in 18 games.

hab 4ever

Mar 9, 2002
Montréal, Québec
Visit site
Jeremy Fortin had 9 pts in 5 games at that tourney. He's a 5'11 and 145 pounds center. Because of geographical situation in Lac St Jean, he's playing Bantam AA cuz there's no Bantam AAA. He is the league leader in points.

Ok, thanks for the update! Will keep an eye on him. 5'11" at 14? Could be a 6'2" offensive forward by the time he joins the QMJHL.

Yan Aucoin is another solid prospect stuck in AA due to geography.

jhoops89

R.I.P. Thrashers
Mar 14, 2012
Don't know his high school stats but he's also still playing with the Thunder AAA program. He's playing within his age group this year on the bantam major team. Stats so far are 16 goals and 28 points in 18 games. Next highest scorer has 6 goals and 19 points in 18 games.

Thanks!

stanley cucup

Apr 5, 2012
For 1999 born players, if we had the top 50 prospects from Quebec, top 50 Ontario, top 50 from Western Canada, top 50 from US and top 50 from Europe that would be awesome....I know it's a lot of bases to cover but if some experts scouts could share those lists it would be great.

Fonzieleaf

Jul 8, 2013
Collingwood, Ontario
Adam Tillander is probably going to go first in this draft. He dominates players much older than him, has great stats as a defenceman, and he is developing in Swededn

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Nolan Patrick from Winnipeg, Brandon's 1st pick in this years bantam draft should be a top 10 guy come draft time. He is a late birthday and is 6'3 190 already at 15. Tremendous talent and will be playing on a very talented team the next 3 years in Brandon.

JFA87-66-99

Jun 12, 2007
USA
Nolan Patrick from Winnipeg, Brandon's 1st pick in this years bantam draft should be a top 10 guy come draft time. He is a late birthday and is 6'3 190 already at 15. Tremendous talent and will be playing on a very talented team the next 3 years in Brandon.
Scoutman has him ranked 5th on his recent 2017 top 30 list

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad