2017 NHL Draft Prospects

JFA87-66-99

Jun 12, 2007
USA
The 2016 and 2015 NHL draft prospects threads were created at least 4 years in advance, so we have 3 years, 10 months till the 2017 draft so I think its ok. Let's see if we can get some names to watch out for. So far I've gathered a few names who seem to be at least getting some attention amongst the class of 1999 born players. I'm pretty sure most of these guys are 2017 NHL draft eligible.

F Sean Dhooghe
F Drake Lafontaine
F Patrick Khoderenko (Late '98, drafted by Everett in WHL draft)
D David Farrance
D Mathieu Charlebois
F Blake Jamieson
F Kyle Kawamura
F Michael Pastujov
F Jordy Bellerive
F Stelio Mattheos
D Nolan Kneen
D Jake Harrison
F James Malm
D Ayden Roche-Setoguchi
D Adam Thilander
D Callan Foote (Late '98, son of Adam Foote, drafted by Kelowna in WHL draft)

dwanmaster*

Mikey Anderson played some games for Hill-Murray, the Minnesota State High School Championship runner-up team as a 7th grader and will play full time as an 8th grader. Could be an interesting prospect to follow.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
From Slovakia i would say it is Patrik Hrehorcak.

He played last season in SVK U15 league and he did pretty well - 34 games, 53 goals + 45 assists = 98 points.

He played also 2 games in U18 - 4 goals.

This season he will be playing in Czech leagues. Lets see, if it will be only U16 or maybe also U18.

Another interesting player is Milos Roman. But he is late 1999, so he could be ready for the NHL draft 2018.

JFA87-66-99

Jun 12, 2007
USA
I would love to see a top 10 (or 30!) for 2017 if someone has the time.

Yea me too. Nolan Patrick and Stuart Skinner are both 2017 eligible. I don't know much but I'm thinkinq
g Nolan Patrick, Patrick Khoderenko, Adam Thilander or Jordy Bellevrie would be candidates for #1 in 2017.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Starting to feel old now as a lot of these guys where born during my last full year of high school. That said it'll be interesting to see how they all develop throughout the next few years.

Eyelanders

Jan 9, 2011
Urho Vaakanainen
Kristian Nevalainen
Tino Siren
Joni Ikonen

I think you mean Kristian Vesalainen?
I have seen him already once this season, played well.
He's really big, perhaps 6´0" already. Skilled with the puck and good skater, along with a strong shot for his age.
Definitely a name to keep an eye on.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Maybe it's just me, but does anyone else find it kind of creepy that there are threads about 13 year old kids on here?

Yeah i'm with you on this one. And its not like 4 years of discussion is really going to be needed. Why don't we just discuss next years class until the draft?

Jul 22, 2012
Yeah i'm with you on this one. And its not like 4 years of discussion is really going to be needed. Why don't we just discuss next years class until the draft?

Why do people post this garbage in every single thread of this nature? If you find it creepy, don't click on it. Problem solved.

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
Maybe it's just me, but does anyone else find it kind of creepy that there are threads about 13 year old kids on here?

So, do you think that scouts for junior teams are creepy for scouting 13 year olds? Or in other words, for doing their jobs?

You saw that this thread was about 2017 prospects, you were under no obligation to read the thread or post in it. I really don't understand why this comes up every time a draft thread is made.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
So, do you think that scouts for junior teams are creepy for scouting 13 year olds? Or in other words, for doing their jobs?

You saw that this thread was about 2017 prospects, you were under no obligation to read the thread or post in it. I really don't understand why this comes up every time a draft thread is made.

lol Right? People do it every time.

But first off that guy is wrong, these kids should be '99 borns or late '98s so they're 14 going on 15 right now (Adam Tilander is 15 now). WHL Bantam Draft this summer will be picking '99s and the late '98s are already in midget & some could be WHL picks already.

Nature of the game and people simply can't accept it

Keke

Dec 6, 2011
Helsinki, Finland
He's really big, perhaps 6´0" already. Skilled with the puck and good skater, along with a strong shot for his age.

Yes Vesalainen.. Really impressed me too

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland

It was supposed to be a joke. Wish I knew other people beat me to it... :cry:

Leehh

Oct 8, 2011
Austria
Eero Teravainen, Teuvos younger brother. If he has similar development curve as TT had he will be Karlsson like D.

JFA87-66-99

Jun 12, 2007
USA
Eero Teravainen, Teuvos younger brother. If he has similar development curve as TT had he will be Karlsson like D.

Does anyone have anything to add to this thread. I'm really jonesin for a top 5-10 ranking for 2017?

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Does anyone have anything to add to this thread. I'm really jonesin for a top 5-10 ranking for 2017?

im going to put up my early top 30 mid next week....im going to see some quebec and ontario games this weekend for midget and i will be taking in some bantam games in both to see what i think of some of these guys. I already have a decent grasp on some euros i saw over the summer and USA players, I had a good look at some of the western guys too so it is ontario i was lacking in but our teams scout is gong to take me around and show me some of the top guys in ontario.

JFA87-66-99

Jun 12, 2007
USA
im going to put up my early top 30 mid next week....im going to see some quebec and ontario games this weekend for midget and i will be taking in some bantam games in both to see what i think of some of these guys. I already have a decent grasp on some euros i saw over the summer and USA players, I had a good look at some of the western guys too so it is ontario i was lacking in but our teams scout is gong to take me around and show me some of the top guys in ontario.

Awesome. Thanks scoutman

HopefulCoach

Oct 31, 2006
Out of the the north in the AMBHL I would say keep your eye out for:

F: Zane Franklin - Lloydminster
D: Troy Dudley - CAC
F: Trey Fix-Wolansky - CAC
D: Brayden Gorda - MLAC
D: Dylan Plouffe - SPKAC
F: Ryan Peckford - PAC
F: Josh Paterson - SSAC
G: Vince Benedetto - KC

Obviously its early, but right now these are some of the front runners from the north for the WHL bantam draft IMO

Gabranth

#19 #88
Apr 2, 2009
Finland

6'0" isn't too big for a guy who is about to turn 15. Some Canadians are already between 6'3 and 6'5" at the age of 14.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad