2017 NHL Draft Prospects

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Don't want to create a separate thread for this so this seems like the best place to put it. For Draft fans it seems that unlike last year Sportnet will actually show Day 2 coverage. Should be interesting to see how this goes, my fear is Sportsnet will turn it into a 4 hour coverage of what Canadian teams did on Day 1. I actually though the NHL was getting slightly better over the last few years in regards to actual coverage of the draft )opposed to all the other crap they pushed)

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Don't want to create a separate thread for this so this seems like the best place to put it. For Draft fans it seems that unlike last year Sportnet will actually show Day 2 coverage. Should be interesting to see how this goes, my fear is Sportsnet will turn it into a 4 hour coverage of what Canadian teams did on Day 1. I actually though the NHL was getting slightly better over the last few years in regards to actual coverage of the draft )opposed to all the other crap they pushed)

I thought Sportsnet did because I remember having Sportsnet on my TV from the beginning of the 2nd round to the end of the 7th. Could have been TSN I guess.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I thought Sportsnet did because I remember having Sportsnet on my TV from the beginning of the 2nd round to the end of the 7th. Could have been TSN I guess.

I could be wrong, maybe it was they didn't show the draft the first year they had the rights to show it but did last year

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I'm hoping they would have coverage of every pick in Saturday. I know when the NHL network had it there was just random discussion and nothing about players being picked.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Hey guys, just wondering who are some guys that have insane talent might drop alot due to other issues. Guys like Sprong/ Ho-sang etc. Somebody that could be available at 31?

themethod7

Jan 25, 2013
NWPA
Hey guys, just wondering who are some guys that have insane talent might drop alot due to other issues. Guys like Sprong/ Ho-sang etc. Somebody that could be available at 31?

Kailer Yamamoto, if you consider "undersized" to fall under "other issues". After the recent successes of guys like Tyler Johnson and Johnny Gaudreau, I don't think it's the black mark it once was so I'm confident he'll be taken mid/late first, but there's still a chance he falls to the Pens at 31.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad