Prospect Info: 2017 NHL Draft / Pick #7 - Lias Andersson (C) - Part II

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Doesn’t everyone have at least a little bias? My bias is mainly directed towards where Lias was drafted. Other than that, I like him. I love his character and hockey sense, but I just don’t see him becoming a very good player. I have nothing against him. That’s just what I see.
Your bias is also not letting you take his stats in context before you decided they’re not good

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
His stats are alright, I guess.

He's performing better than Eeli Tolvanen, who everyone was going ga-ga over last season, Alex Nylander, who some fans still want us to target for some reason, Trent Frederic who I see mentioned in trade offers all the time, Klim Kostin.

I can name a few more. These 4 are just examples of players this fanbase seems fascinated with, yet they can't outscore Lias in the AHL whose stats are "alright" at best :laugh:

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Maybe so, but for me, I’m kind of like Pronman. Upside, upside, and potential. You can get many guys like Andersson in trades, free agency, and later round draft picks. Guys like Mittelstadt, Liljegren, and Brannstrom you almost always have to draft early. You can’t get these guys as easily in trades and free agency.
Pronman's criteria seems to boil down to who has the best hands at WJC each year, but I get valuing upside and potential over everything. I don't necessarily agree but I see the logic.

Reactions: Buchnevich89

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Pronman's criteria seems to boil down to who has the best hands at WJC each year, but I get valuing upside and potential over everything. I don't necessarily agree but I see the logic.
If we go by Pronaman Denisenko is better then Kravtsov and Barrett Hayton is a top 5 prospect in the world

Reactions: Rongomania

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Yea Pronman goes nuts with overvaluing hands, but he also likes skilled players over safe, responsible players.

Reactions: haveandare

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
I’m very sorry to hear that.
Lol I’m not completely like him, but I am like him in the sense that I value players with skill and upside (even if the player will probably never reach that upside) over safer, more responsible players. I also don’t value a player’s shot as much as some. It’s not a make or break attribute for me, unless the player has a crazy shot. However, I value hockey sense more than Pronman does, but value hands and physicality less.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad