2017 NHL Draft - Part 3 -- The aftermath

Richard

Feb 8, 2012
As a Penguin fan I was hoping/banking on Philly being stupid and having zero patience. It's shocking and sad (so good news for your guys) to see how smart the Flyers are being these last two years.

Ovechkin is 32 Malkin is 31 Crosby is 30 next season.

In these next few years the Flyers will on the rise and the Caps/Pens/Rags will be cycling down.

Damnit but aren't the Flyers building right. :(

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
6 OHL prospects in the system now. I spent most of the last 3 seasons watching the WHL and the Q. It will be good to see some fresh faces.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
IIRC the knock on him was skating related issues as well. Obviously being smaller is one too. I guess being older team's weren't confident in him making the necessary improvements there.

He definitely improved his skating from 16 to 17. Worked hard at it. Looked like an NHL prospect for sure in the games I watched him while watching Hischier. The points were there too.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
6 OHL prospects in the system now. I spent most of the last 3 seasons watching the WHL and the Q. It will be good to see some fresh faces.

More importantly, it will be good to see some quality streams :laugh:

Guelph and Hamilton have good ones.

Oh yeah, we have Frost too haha. SSM has great streams. Really just OS sucks, but that's why the OHL is the best. Easy to find good away feeds.

Last edited:

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
And on the right nights you can kill 2 birds with one stone.

Owen Sound, Kitchener, and Guelph all play in the same division. So does SSM and Sarnia.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
As a Penguin fan I was hoping/banking on Philly being stupid and having zero patience. It's shocking and sad (so good news for your guys) to see how smart the Flyers are being these last two years.

Ovechkin is 32 Malkin is 31 Crosby is 30 next season.

In these next few years the Flyers will on the rise and the Caps/Pens/Rags will be cycling down.

Damnit but aren't the Flyers building right. :(

You know you're on the right path when a Penguins fan drops in to commend us :yo:

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I don't remember seeing this anywhere on here......but the Flyers reportedly invited Ivan Kosorenkov, 19 year old Russian who plays for Victoriaville, to their rookie camp. Really solid invite, and he's a player who played with Rubtsov last year for Russian u18 team and now with Laberge in the Q. They know him intimately no doubt. Comfort level with Flyers players too for camp purposes.

Honestly he has the chance to be more than just a camp invite for space filling, especially with how many guys we have at forward already in the fold. A lot more exciting than any invite from last year.....very skilled all around, with some real flash ability. Would be a nice compliment to many of our picks. He could've gone middle rounds no problem. Maybe some real signing potential. I'd be down for that.

(Former Flyers great DMF is going to Calgary's camp too)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad