GDT: 2017 NHL Draft Day 2: Starts at 10am EST, Will be on NHL Network

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Im gonna laugh my ass off if this Philly thing is for the 7th round pick.

Start laughing. So many reports since yesterday about Bergevin on the phone, talking in remote areas not to be seen by cameras, leading to this.

HockeyAddict

Nov 7, 2008
on an island
I wasn't too enthusiastic about this year's draft but I think the Habs had a pretty good one. Two quality forwards and a few D which have very good potential... certainly helped restock their prospect pool.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
I wasn't too enthusiastic about this year's draft but I think the Habs had a pretty good one. Two quality forwards and a few D which have very good potential... certainly helped restock their prospect pool.

Their first 3 picks were great, Fleury is a good prospect. Walford and Tyszka aren't good prospects imo, 4/6 for me.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Start laughing. So many reports since yesterday about Bergevin on the phone, talking in remote areas not to be seen by cameras, leading to this.

Well the media tends to create more hype then there is. Hell I would troll them myself if I was a GM. Just go over to another GM and start talking, Then shake hands and walk over to the league registry just to say hello to the people there and then just sit back and watch Twitter explode.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
We really need to pick a Q guy with the 7th, right? lol

hoping for Minulin I suppose, the upside is there

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
we will probably draft the next highest Quebec born player just because. Or someone from Ottawa liken we did with Addison.
Hoping for Chemelevski

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Well the media tends to create more hype then there is. Hell I would troll them myself if I was a GM. Just go over to another GM and start talking, Then shake hands and walk over to the league registry just to say hello to the people there and then just sit back and watch Twitter explode.

There is some TMI factor by intermediaries who do a poor job of filtering and who need to fill their twitter output so they look like they actually found something.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Why make this trade so soon? Why not wait to see whether the player you're looking at is still available after 198 is chosen?

Because he will be available.

It's probably some swede kid Christer Rockstrom discovered riding along the country side to buy some fishing flies for his fishing trip. He will be the next Zetterberg.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
great pick, Poehling/Brook/Ikonen were very good picks

you seem like one of the few more informed amateur scouts (I don't mean that pejoratively at all if it comes off as such) that actually seem to like Poehling.

Going for a safe pick that ALSO has some possible hidden upside is just smart to me that late in the 1st round and thats what Poehling sounds like to me. A possible #2 C would be a coup at that spot in an allegedly weak draft imo. My opinion means nothing because I don't know what else is on the board.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Now Chmelevski picked. Should not have gone that late.

Waiting for another defenceman at 199.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
you seem like one of the few more informed amateur scouts (I don't mean that pejoratively at all if it comes off as such) that actually seem to like Poehling.

Going for a safe pick that ALSO has some possible hidden upside is just smart to me that late in the 1st round and thats what Poehling sounds like to me. A possible #2 C would be a coup at that spot in an allegedly weak draft imo. My opinion means nothing because I don't know what else is on the board.

I like Poehling because of his style, i think it can transition very well into the NHL. That said i personally would have picked Timmins at that spot, i'm really high on him (had him at 11).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad