GDT: 2017 NHL Draft Day 2: Starts at 10am EST, Will be on NHL Network

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Seen Tyszka a couple of times. Really like the package. Good pick this late.

Mr Fox

Hungry since '93
Aug 21, 2013
Do you guys think Matt Bradley is going to be drafted in the 6th or 7th ?

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Imagine the team still had Sergachev, the board would explode with these picks.

I'm okay with it, but I feel they passed on talented centres.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
so 2x Centers, 2x LHD and 2x RHD.

Well...whatever. Just seems ridiculous to pick so many defencemen what we have not many prospects who can put the puck in the net.

That's what you expose yourself to, if you blindly go BPA according to subjective opinions. If it were a science I would have no problem with, but it isn't by a long shot.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I'm obviously very sour that we took ONE offensive prospect this draft. My comments on the defenseman picks may reflect that.

I totally understand what you mean. But the d-men picks were VERY GOOD picks. BUt we should have mixed it up a little more.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Meanwhile Pittsburgh takes a swedish offensive C

Good thing our system is stacked with those and we are set at the NHL level

At least the picks used on centres brought us back solid players with NHL upside. Two very different players, but both are high quality picks. I'd have been a lot more choked if the team waited until later to try and find a center.

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
Sergachev has been traded for Drouin, so defense can become offense. I don't care about the position. The important thing is to pick players that will make it. If we end up like Anaheim or Minnesota in a few years with too many good D, we will be able to trade for forwards.

Krnage

Nov 22, 2010
Quebec
Sergachev has been traded for Drouin, so defense can become offense. I don't care about the position. The important thing is to pick players that will make it. If we end up like Anaheim or Minnesota in a few years with too many good D, we will be able to trade for forwards.

or lose them at the expantion draft :laugh:

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
One thing is sure, the WHL scout has a huge influence on Timmins. Hope they won't all be Dietz.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad