GDT: 2017 NHL Draft Day 2: Starts at 10am EST, Will be on NHL Network

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
0c2DXlf.jpg

After a day one that saw Agent Bergevin turn down a chance to trade for Brayden Schenn and a lack of trade activity from the Habs brass the team gears up for day two of the 2017 draft. With a big center in Ryan Poehling ‎in the fold, Bergevin and co will now shift their attention to defense where players such as Conor Timmins and Nicolas Hague remain. Day 2 is set to start at 10pm Eastern.

Habs Picks

Pick 56.
Pick 58.
Pick 68.
Pick 87.
Pick 149.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Hoping for anyone of these players from my early 2nd BPA list tomorrow:

11. Conor Timmins
15. Nicolas Hague
28. Kole Lind
29. Jaret Anderson-Dolan
30. Jason Robertson
31. Jonah Gadjovich
32. Evan Barratt
33. Joni Ikonen
34. Ivan Lodnia
35. Josh Brook
36. Isaac Ratcliffe
37. Ostap Safin
38. Jesper Boqvist
39. Morgan Geekie
40. Markus Philips

Obviously the biggest catch would be Timmins or Hague for me.

Last edited:

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I left Markus Phillips based on being a LD with great skating ability.

Hopefully they keep all of those picks and add some bodies to the prospect pool.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Pretty sure it starts at 10 am.

10 pm seems pretty late to start a draft (thread title).

Not really surprised there was a lack of trades in the first round. Not a draft to give up assets to move up. Looking forward to Habs picks Saturday.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Coverage also available on Sportsnet from 10 AM to 1 PM and on TVA Spanre from 9 AM and to noon.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
There will be plenty of online streams ;), just gotta know where to look!

Yeah, will look for those if it goes beyond 1 PM. We still have some network coverage tomorrow morning.

Although I must say, I would have liked to watch it on NBC, there were a lot of positive comments about their broadcast yesterday. Wait a minute ... that too is online, somewhere. ;)

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I hope they pick Cs with both 2nds. Might as well stack our odds of getting at least one decent C out of this draft. Maybe a D if there's a good one available, and of course BPA for scoring points.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Why is it that Bowman was able to make this deal but not the Habs:

Instead, hours after he made two blockbuster deals Friday morning, Bowman traded down three spots in exchange for the Stars' pick at No. 29 and an extra third-round selection.

I saw so many posts about how this was an ideal draft to trade down. If the Habs had just moved down 4 slots, they would have bagged that extra pick. Maybe Bergevin wasn't solicited (which I doubt) but he did hold the better pick over Bowman. Bowman had already made major moves prior to the draft and still managed to pull off an extra move even if not as significant and netting a good prospect in the process. Bergevin needs to be more aggressive, especially with so little in the way of prospect depth in the organization.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Will be tough to get our hands on the interesting players left on my list.....BUt Timmins has to work his magic or what's left of it.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Why is it that Bowman was able to make this deal but not the Habs:

Habs had no intention 'cause they were desperate for a centerman. We were going to pick a C no matter what. So it was either move up for Thomas. But what,s left at C...they couldn't take the chance at losing Poehling.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
It's actually not a good draft to trade down. It's a weak draft, with little interesting player.

Perfect reason to trade down. Since nothing in the first is looking amazing, might as well move down a few notches and add a pick to help restock the cupboard.

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo
0c2DXlf.jpg

Habs Picks

Pick 56.
Pick 58.
Pick 68.
Pick 87.
Pick 149.

I don't think we need to draft a defenseman so urgently. First off, he won't play for 3 years. Secondly, we have three guys in the minors who are close to coming up.

My suggestion- big centers.....keep them coming.

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
Timmins and Hague seem like obvious choices but probably gone by the time the Habs pick. Anderson Dolan, Lipanov and Mismash intrigue me.
Safin would be a swing for the fences type pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00