GDT: 2017 NHL Draft - 8, 37, 54, 89, 99, 192

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Leafs drafted a D that will be in their top 4 for a decade. I don't really care where he was 'expected' to go. Was a good pick up for them. His fall was a great thing for Toronto.

It's more about not understanding what the word fall means and continuing to misuse it

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
It's no coincidence that both Chychrun and Liljegren were picked up by smart, progressive FOs.

Yes.

So smart they took them exactly where they were projected to be taken.

Wherever can you find such brilliance.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
this coming from a guy arguing draft %s in the goalie thread

He can bust, he can be their D for years. That's the point. Anyone can bust, you make it sound as if he is the McDavid of defensemen....he's not. If he was, they wouldn't pick 4 other D before him. Can he be great yes? Will he - how on Earth do you know?

Edit: 5 not 4... but yeah you know better than NHL scouts and GMs.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Yeah... Chychrun had a decent rookie season. So did Tyler Myers.

Let's pump the brakes before we start anointing these forward thinking Einsteins

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
.89 pts/game is not really comparable to 1.59 pts/gm.

Don't forget Weissbach is a year older (has an extra year of development). I dont think its a fair comparison to make. There are plenty of players his age with similar point totals.

He shot 21%. That doesn't really suggest that his stats are an accurate representation of his play.

The next highest scoring player, Zach Solow (1.23 pts/gm compared to CM's 1.25) wasnt drafted.

Mittelstadt's 5v5 numbers are not impressive.

.46 pts/gm (53rd in the league, 15th among draft eligible)

There might be reasons to be optimistic about Mittelstadt but stats arent one of them.

I would discount that shooting percentage. Hard to get accurate stats like that in a junior league. And he is talented enough to tear apart weaker defenders in the ushl.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad