2017 New Uniforms, Names and Logos Thread

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
That reminds me of when I went to Scranton/Wilkes-Barre game last summer and they became the Pierogies for one game. Orange and blue unis with a pierogie as the logo on the hat. I really should've bought one

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Erie channeling the 1970 Atlanta Hawks is a weird choice, but I really wish the lunacy of quirky names was kept to situations like this. Pitmasters for a day is awesome; Pitmasters every day would be ridiculous.

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
First a few promotional one-offs for next season

On 6/1/17, the Asheville Tourists (Low A, SAL) will become the Beer City Tourists

BeerCityJersey-290x300.jpg

The Charlotte Knights (AAA, IL) will become the Charlotte Pitmasters for a 7/15/17 game

Charlotte-Pitmasters-e1489685901300.jpg

Pitmasters-Jersey-Cap-logo-set.jpg

On 8/11/17, the Aberdeen Ironbirds (Short Season A, NYPL) will become the Aberdeen Steamed Crabs

Steamed-Crabs-Uni-Front.jpg

Every Friday home game, the Erie SeaWolves (AA, EL) will host Fauxback Friday and wear these...beauties?

Fauxback-Friday-Jersey.png

And lastly, new caps for the Lansing Lugnuts (Low A, MWL) - these will be year-round.

Lansing-Lugnuts-new-hats.png

I want the Memphis Redbirds (Triple A: Pacific Coast League: Cardinals Affiliate) to have a BBQ themed night.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
This is the 20th anniversary of the Durham Bulls being affiliated with the Tampa Bay Rays and our 20th year as a Triple-A team - accordingly, the Bulls will wear special jerseys for each Sunday game to commemorate it. I didn't get to see them in person yesterday but here's the look:

In 1998, the Durham Bulls made the jump to the Triple-A level, becoming an affiliate of the Tampa Bay Devil Rays. 20 seasons later, the partnership between the two teams still holds strong. In 2017, the Bulls will honor that relationship, donning specially-designed Bulls jerseys inspired by those worn by the Rays.

C8vU69GXUAUQ-ZK.jpg

Inspired by the Rays' light blue alternates, Durham's newest uniform prominently features 'Bulls' in block lettering across the jersey's chest. Just as the Rays feature a sunburst in their 'R,' Durham will feature a sunburst in the 'B.'

C8vU69BXcAYBN1A.jpg

On the right sleeve the jersey prominently displays a commemorative patch, symbolizing the 20 seasons of partnership between the Rays and Bulls. The cutout in the number zero is the Water Tower that looms over the DBAP, while a Ray swims at the bottom of the numbers. At the base of the patch, four diamonds represent the four Governors' Cups the Bulls have won as a Rays affiliate (2002, 2003, 2009, 2013), while the single yellow diamond in the middle signifies the team's 2009 Triple-A National Championship.

C8vU69FXkAE_ycG.jpg

The numbers on the back of the jersey are the same font as the Rays' alternates, further signifying the unison between the two organizations.

The Bulls will also don a new hat in association with their light blue jerseys. The raised logo is a newly-designed mashup of the Bulls and Rays, by combining Durham's iconic block 'D' and a Ray. The 'D' and Ray are filled with Tampa Bay's solid navy, and trimmed in white and yellow, while the Ray features a hint of light blue.

C8vU-vfW0AAgssv.jpg

In an ode to the Rays, the Bulls will wear the 20th anniversary uniforms for Sunday home games throughout the season, beginning on April 30. That day, the Bulls will celebrate 20 seasons of partnership with Tampa Bay.

The jerseys will be auctioned off online during the Bulls' final home weekend of the season (Aug. 25-27), with all proceeds going to charity. Details of the auction will be released closer to the date of the auction.

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
This is the 20th anniversary of the Durham Bulls being affiliated with the Tampa Bay Rays and our 20th year as a Triple-A team - accordingly, the Bulls will wear special jerseys for each Sunday game to commemorate it. I didn't get to see them in person yesterday but here's the look:

C8vU69GXUAUQ-ZK.jpg

C8vU69BXcAYBN1A.jpg

C8vU69FXkAE_ycG.jpg

C8vU-vfW0AAgssv.jpg

Must burn with fire!

StatesideSensFan

Jun 29, 2003
Atlanta
too bad that re-branding wont help them draw more fans or get that mixed use development going around Coolray Field anytime soon

Gwinnett Extortionists?

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
When did the Auburn Doubledays (Short Season A; New York-Penn League; Nationals Affiliate) get a new "Mustache A" logo?

Edit: This is what I mean:

Auburn_Doubledays_cap.PNG

Last edited:

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Like literally the reason mustard exists is to go on hotdogs and sausages. I like peppers and mushrooms and onions as much as anyone but you're not gonna make any headway here.

Hotdogs...sure. Anything to dress up a hotdog gets a thumbs up from me. Just can't sign off on putting it on a brat.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Hotdogs...sure. Anything to dress up a hotdog gets a thumbs up from me. Just can't sign off on putting it on a brat.

If you've got the onions, peppers, mushrooms, sauerkraut, etc to choose from then sure, go no mustard if you like, but I'll still stand by mustard on a sausage as a reasonable thing to do.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
It's missing mustard. You don't put ketchup on a hotdog or sausage.

Wrong.
You don't put either on sausage. Either naked or smothered in peppers and mushrooms.

Just grilled onions.

Or curry sauce.

Hot dogs get cheese, relish, ketchup, and fried onions. Although anything is good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad