2017 New Logo/Jersey News And Concepts | Part 2 | Disappointment Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
duniJa4.jpg

What a beaut.

Oh god, that's some needless piping away from an Ark of the Covenant reaction there. Get it away!

Maybe we're due something good tomorrow with this brutal week. Tomorrow's headline will hopefully read: "Dorion discovers compromising photos of Shero, exchanges picks for Hischier"

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
If they are indeed doing a rebrand after two seasons, they should introduce the home jersey next year as the alternate. It would give them an opportunity to gauge the effectiveness and reaction to the look.

Also, red heritage or Peace Tower throwback for the outdoor games. Mega bonus points if they do both and use the Peace Tower for the alumni game.

Year 1: Current Adizero 3D Red Home+Away/Red Heritage for the outdoor game
Year 2: Current Adizero 3D Red Home+Away/Rebranded home introduced as alternate
Year 3: Rebranded 3rd jersey becomes full time home+away with new away jersey introduced/Adizero 3D Red Home+Away retired. No 3rd jersey this season...
Year 4: No new jerseys....wait until Lebreton to introduce a new alternate

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
This is the laziest new jersey design ever. It's like they took about 5 minutes to switch the arm bands, then changed the lettering and were like, "Yup, that's good enough."

Yeah, but keep in mind it wasn't the organization that wanted a new jersey. They seemed perfectly content with the jerseys. It's not really a jersey re-design, it's more of a porting to a different format. Everyone got excited because the switch to Adidas meant new jerseys, but there was never any indication from the organization that there was any consideration of an overhaul. In fact, all indications from the organization were very much the opposite.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
The biggest problem with this change is we lose our best jersey for a year. What the ****.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
Thats a scam site. Do not buy from there. Their official site is https://ottawateamshop.ca/

Scam site or fake site? Like do they actually sell knockoff jerseys or do they take your money and send you nothing?

Someone needs to get the boot for this one ......Man alive we come of to one the teams better payoff runs in a decade .And we get to sport these rags .....WTH is wrong with the Sens marketing Department :shakehead

Someone did get the boot already. Put down the pitchfork!

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
Oh god, that's some needless piping away from an Ark of the Covenant reaction there. Get it away!

Maybe we're due something good tomorrow with this brutal week. Tomorrow's headline will hopefully read: "Dorion discovers compromising photos of Shero, exchanges picks for Hischier"

Dorion's going to complete the trifecta by trading out of the 1st round of the draft meaning Sens fans all sat through almost an entire 1st round of picks for nothing.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Seeing the new one beside the old one, it is an improvement. I am okay with these until we can get a nice old school 2d one
I know there are some small differences, but seeing it on stage last night, it just looked like the same 'ol boring, outdated jersey. :(

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
Seeing the new one beside the old one, it is an improvement. I am okay with these until we can get a nice old school 2d one

Shane+Bowers+2017+NHL+Draft+Portraits+CGGemXNyR96l.jpg
colin-white-poses-for-a-portrait-after-being-selected-21st-overall-by-picture-id478692402

It's an improvement, but the difference is marginal. The black coming up under the armpits reminds me a bit of some of the Adidas football templates out there.

The crest looked lighter/shinier to me on TV.

The thick collar is really strange, but I was never a big fan of the Edge collars either. I think teams like Ottawa who went with solid color necklines look better than the other teams who went with the multi colored ones because it makes the strange pattern of the collar less evident.

To me, it's still so strange that they went with the exact same design (w/ new numbers) just made to work on an Adizero template. I've read some hypothetical suggestions that maybe the team wants to rebrand in a few years and didn't want to confuse fans by rebranding twice, but that doesn't really make sense since the rebrand talk only stated coming out when Anslemi took over and he presumably had nothing to do with this jersey. I get keeping the logo and the same color for the home jersey, but you'd think they'd take this as an opportunity to give the team a fresh look by changing up the template while keeping it still in line with their current branding (which they presumably wanted to keep)

Last edited:

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
The 3d logo does look better.

It might just be because they are photographs taken in different conditions.

Although while watching on TV, I thought the crest looked noticeably different in color. The red top part is also flatter now due to them using a different fabric in parts of the crest. It doesn't have the rounded look that it previously had.

When you see them side by side, the white outline is noticeably thinner, and the logo seems to have a slightly different shape to it, but that might just be an optical illusion due to the thinner white outline.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Absolutely hideous. I actually think they made the white jersey worse, but to be fair I'd have to see it in a proper setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad