2017 NBA Trade Deadline Discussion Thread

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
According to Sportsnet Chicago wanted 3 out of these 4 guys ( Bradley, Brown, Crowder and Smart ) plus this year's Brooklyn pick for Butler. If that's true then I'm glad Trader Danny stood pat. I still have hopes that the Brooklyn trade will eventually work out as well for the Celtics as the Hershel Walker trade did for the Dallas Cowboys. :nod:

If that's what the asking price was then I can understand saying no. They can use the Brooklyn pick this season, than in the offseason when Butler and PG's value drops even more they can offer up the 2018 Brooklyn pick and likely fewer than 3 of the 4 aforementioned players.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
If that's what the asking price was then I can understand saying no. They can use the Brooklyn pick this season, than in the offseason when Butler and PG's value drops even more they can offer up the 2018 Brooklyn pick and likely fewer than 3 of the 4 aforementioned players.

Their value wont drop. The 4 month difference isn't that significant.

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
Their value wont drop. The 4 month difference isn't that significant.

Yea I think it will drop. When the Pacers finally realize that no notable FA's want to play in Indy, and that PG is inevitably going to be leaving them in 12 months I think they'll recognize the value of a pick in the upcoming draft. Not to mention adding other young talent to surround Turner with.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Plus, rather than getting George for a playoff run and another year, you only get him for a year. That's a pretty big loss in return.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad