2017 MLB Regular Season Thread - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Looks like the Blue Jays are going to decide who win the AL East. Toronto's last 9 games of the season are against the Red Sox ( 3 games in Boston ) and the Yankees ( 3 games in Toronto and 3 games in New York ). Both the Red Sox and Yankees have 11 games left so even if Boston goes 5-6 the Yankees would have to go 8-3 just to tie Boston. I certainly don't want to jinx them but the Sox should end up winning the Division. :nod:

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Going to lose to the Padres and Giants in back to back games, feels bad.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Looks like the Blue Jays are going to decide who win the AL East. Toronto's last 9 games of the season are against the Red Sox ( 3 games in Boston ) and the Yankees ( 3 games in Toronto and 3 games in New York ). Both the Red Sox and Yankees have 11 games left so even if Boston goes 5-6 the Yankees would have to go 8-3 just to tie Boston. I certainly don't want to jinx them but the Sox should end up winning the Division. :nod:

Ditto for the Padres- they're gonna have a say in the Diamondbacks/Rockies portion of the NL Wild Card race.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
So if Milwaukee ends up getting a playoff spot against Colorado, MLB giving Milwaukee the extra home games last week instead of a neutral site ala the Astros/Tropicana is not gonna be a good look IMO.

Those 3 extra home games was not smart- just move it to a neutral site- and if that ends up playing a role, that would be odd.

Last edited:

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
So if Milwaukee ends up getting a playoff spot against Colorado, MLB giving Milwaukee the extra home games last week instead of a neutral site ala the Astros/Tropicana is not gonna be a good look IMO.

Those 3 extra home games was not smart- just move it to a neutral site- and if that ends up playing a role, that would be odd.

The Brewers took 2 of 3 in that series, it seems like a distinct possibility that they would've taken 2 of 3 in Miami and until someone comes up with a better plan on where to put those games, it's not worth bringing up.

With so little time left in the season they probably didn't want to put games anywhere where there was even a chance at a rain out. They have to notify team officials that they want the games at their stadiums and then those officials have to get game operations staff assembled with little notice when staff has no prior warning and isn't expecting to work. They probably don't want it out West so Miami doesn't have to travel cross country and Milwaukee doesn't have to go from say Oakland to Pittsburgh

It's just really not a big deal. Colorado had a huge lead in the wild card a couple months ago. If they blow it, that's their fault, not the fault of a 3 game series taking place in Milwaukee instead of Miami.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
He's 5th in ops. He has 10 more xbh's than Robbie Cano.

Yeah, it might sound surprising to say it but he's probably around the top 5 this year. 2B might be the weakest position in the majors. I have Altuve, Schoop, Dozier, and Murphy ahead of Lowrie and then it gets pretty murky.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Estrada and Jays agree to a 1 year extension. He's was good in April-May and has been great in September thus far. Awful June and bad July and August so it's been an up and down season to say the least. I'm happy with the one extra year. It's low risk and the team needs pitching. If Sanchez and come back healthy and be anything like he was last year and Stroman continues the rotation should be OK for next year. Still need to figure out the no. 5 spot but there's time for that.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Yeah, it might sound surprising to say it but he's probably around the top 5 this year. 2B might be the weakest position in the majors. I have Altuve, Schoop, Dozier, and Murphy ahead of Lowrie and then it gets pretty murky.
Yeah, it gets pretty subjective after that. If someone wants to say Cano is having a better year, I won't argue too much, but after that you can't really make a case for anyone else.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Estrada and Jays agree to a 1 year extension.

13 M is the $ figure.

I still think Colorado will hold off the Brewers despite it being down to 1 game. The 4 game Cubs-Brewers series this weekend while the Rockies play the Padres for 4 being the main reason why. And yes, I am well aware the Brewers have had the Cubs number but the Cubs appear to be rounding into form now. And Chicago will view that series as a big one to put the division away. Milwaukee also has to go into STL to end the year, which won't be a cakewalk even if STL is eliminated.

Also, Arizona is not blowing their 5 1/2 game lead with 10-11 games left with their cupcake schedule (1 more @ SD, 3 vs MIA, 3 vs SF, 3 @ KC). Should not even be a thought.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Yeah, it gets pretty subjective after that. If someone wants to say Cano is having a better year, I won't argue too much, but after that you can't really make a case for anyone else.

Well, I guess you have to put Baez above him since he plays for the Cubs but other than that you'd be right.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
The Detroit guys keep talking about how slow Mengden is to the mound (he isn't), but don't say a word about how Anibal Sanchez is much slower or the human rain delay that is Castellanos when he's at the plate.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Judge with number 45. Quite a number for a rookie year.

Colon still in and it's now 4-3 NYY...

That escalated quickly. 9-3 Yankees.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad