2017 MLB Regular Season Thread - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Indians 3 game sweep in the Bronx.

Cleveland looks like they may be peaking at the right time, but we've seen some teams peak too early.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Stats that mean nothing but are cool anyways: only 7 MLB starter have an era under 3.00. Nats have 3 of the 7

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
The Astros look like a bunch that has little desire to play baseball right now and most importantly, show the extreme level of focus needed to succeed at it. Hard to blame them.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Indians 3 game sweep in the Bronx.

Cleveland looks like they may be peaking at the right time, but we've seen some teams peak too early.

They are the team to beat in AL. Always have been. No disrespect to Astros.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Cubs are telling the Pirates what they told the Blue Jays a couple weeks ago;

Your seasons ovah!!

Aint this nice? Some fun....good clean fun going on in Chicago right now.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Yessh, August has not been a good month for the Pirates

They had a hot streak after the All Star break, swept 1st place Milwaukee, then Polanco got hurt at Coors, had a bad West Coast trip, and they haven't been the same since

Last edited:

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Cubs are telling the Pirates what they told the Blue Jays a couple weeks ago;

Your seasons ovah!!

Aint this nice? Some fun....good clean fun going on in Chicago right now.

isnt that what the nats told the cubs few weeks ago beating them with half a roster?

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell
The Astros look like a bunch that has little desire to play baseball right now and most importantly, show the extreme level of focus needed to succeed at it. Hard to blame them.

they're about the only Houston team that wasn't given time off. obv preseason football is different than mlb standings in late August, but still, it feels odd/wrong just watching them right now.

KBIB sighting?? Cubs must be winning.

I'd bet on a team made up of HF posters over the Pirates right now

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Speaking of the Nats...... getting healthy at the right time

Held up well despite the players that were hurt and here they are now with almost all of the band back

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
(grabs MLB standings leaflet, licks finger, lifts up first page, checks standings...sees Cubs are in first place....closes leaflet)

LOL Whut?

(I too grab mlb standings leaflet, licks finger, lifts up first page, checks standings.)

then sees they are 9 games back of nats

but wait, then he goes and checks nats injuries this year and sees werth and turner missed two months, harper going on a few weeks now, scherzer a few starts, strasburg a month, joe ross half the year, adam eaton basically all year, koda glover for months, micheal taylor for a month etc etc. got so bad they used de aza and stephenson in outfield
plus the worst bullpen ever the first half of the year
wonders how the big bad cubs are still 9 games behind

nats just got back a few guys and they still have 9 more on dl

B. Goodwin 10-day DL
B. Harper 10-day DL
R. Madson 10-day DL
E. Romero 10-day DL
S. Drew 60-day DL
A. Eaton 60-day DL
K. Glover 60-day DL
R. Raburn 60-day DL
J. Ross 60-day DL

cubs have 4 guys, leter, grimm, russell and contreras. why are cubs so far behind??

also:

with all the guy missing

Last edited:

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
All that work copying and pasting irrelevant injury stats means.....the Cubs season is ovah?

The first place Cubs? The headed to the playoffs Cubs?:help:

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Cliff Pennington grand slam.

This Angels team somehow keeps bailing out its starting pitching.

Give up 8 runs in an inning..... and are ahead 10-8.

It's almost getting comical how many times the bats bail out the rotation.

And BTW, if the Astros lose tomorrow, they'll be only 10.5 games out with a month to go and 6 head to head games.

Last edited:

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
How did I know as soon as Pennington hit that that Chris would be in here circle J'ing about it.

They have a 2011 Cardinals vibe to them- they're a team you don't want to see in the playoffs that's getting hot at the right time, but man you hope they don't get in because they can be dangerous.

Last edited:

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
They have a 2011 Cardinals vibe to them- they're a team you don't want to see in the playoffs that's getting hot at the right time, but man you hope they don't get in because they can be dangerous.

They're 5-5 in their last 10 games and they're nothing like the Cardinals in 2011.

The Cardinals in 2011 had 12 players with at least 200 plate appearances. The only below average offensive players in that group of 12 were Ryan Theriot, Daniel Descalso and Skip Schumaker.

Pujols, Berkman, Holliday and Craig had nearly 2,000 plate appearances combined and the lowest OPS+ in that group was Pujols at 148.

They had 4 above average starting pitchers when they traded for Edwin Jackson and 4 good relievers (Salas, Motte, Dotel, Boggs) and a manager who knew how to mix and match them.

The only current Angels with an OPS+ above 100 are Trout, Simmons and Cron. Their only current above average starter is Parker Bridwell.

They are a mediocre at best team that's only in the race because there are only 4 decent to good teams in the AL.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
How did I know as soon as Pennington hit that that Chris would be in here circle J'ing about it.

it was so obvious pennington was going to deliver there

a former A simply does not play his old team and NOT kill them somehow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad