2017 MLB Regular Season Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Altuve is my AL MVP frontrunner.

It would be ridiculous if Trout won it with this many games missed and not likely approaching the stats of last year.

If he did, we might as well rename it the Most War Award.

Yeah counting stats. The real stats show that Trout is having his best season to date.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
In Bartolo Colon's last 12 innings, he has allowed 1 run on 8 hits.

That's a 0.75 ERA with a .182 OBA.

Back to back wins for the Big Sexy

Last edited:

darko

Feb 16, 2009
And I wouldn't argue.

Trout is still the best player in the world tho.

No doubt. When he's done he may go down as one of the greatest players of this era and it's an era that includes Barry Bonds and Alex Rodriguez. Sad part is that some people won't realize what they are witnessing until long after he's retired.

Oct 18, 2011
Is it too soon to talk about Michael Nelson Trout being back in the MVP race? He's pushing .350 and a 1.200 OPS

Altuve has to be the current front runner, right?

Oct 18, 2011
yeah it's quite a shame that he isn't

his name is mike, he's from jersey, yet he's not their spokesperson. sad

He actually does have some sort of regional deal it appears I've seen a sandwich named after him in my local store but I think he has a national deal with Subway or did.

Too bad the guy is so boring he could grow the game if he had a bigger personality

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Altuve is my AL MVP frontrunner.

It would be ridiculous if Trout won it with this many games missed and not likely approaching the stats of last year.

If he did, we might as well rename it the Most War Award.

I mean, isn't that what makes a player valuable?

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
The Astros playing bad because their players are sad argument is dumb, but I was really surprised they didn't add pitching. You never know when you're going to be back to the playoffs so I don't know why they didn't pull the trigger (of course they still can but it seems unlikely)

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Astros should have added something. Even if it isn't a marquee player adding someone like Lynn to that rotation could have been a nice shot in the arm.

While it doesn't mean they won't win come October, I think there is something to adding at the deadline to make a team better that translates to more camaraderie.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
the award is joke. he should have won it 5 years in a row but non-playoff team.

2012 is the only season he rightfully didn't win it, and that's only because cabrera won the triple crown. he should have 4 MVP awards by now with a 5th on the way after this season

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
it is weird that he has such a noodle for an arm considering his strength and athelticism but arm is overrated for a LFer anyway. good ones might prevent a few runs per season with a good arm.

RFer arm strength is more important to prevent the runner going from 1st to 3rd and CFer as hell get more balls and deeper ones.
Davis' arm is a detriment, though. Averaged 72 mph on his throws last year. I could go out into lf right now and throw faster than that.

But I definitely can't hit home runs with no stride at all lol

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
So apparently we should just discount stats like HR, hits, total bases, doubles, triples, and batting average a lot of guys have because of Mike Trout's WAR,

I never heard of this stat until he came on the scene and now it's apparently the reason he should win the MVP every year.

Seriously, this stat is so ridiculous it's almost impossible for someone other than Trout to have the most WAR every year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad