2017 MLB Regular Season Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
someone will have to be dealt to make room. just not sure it'll be this season

in the meantime, i like pinder in RF to get joyce out of there. i wonder what they plan to do with healy going forward with chapman and alonso at 3B and 1B. if it were me, i'd put healy in LF and make davis the full time DH
Joyce has actually hit really well the last 30+ games.

Davis will likely stay in lf because Healy's defensive deficiencies can't be covered up as much as Davis'.

The A's just need pitching and they aren't far off.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Joyce has actually hit really well the last 30+ games.

Davis will likely stay in lf because Healy's defensive deficiencies can't be covered up as much as Davis'.

The A's just need pitching and they aren't far off.

a LF with an actual arm would be nice though

i think it would be in the team's best interest to make davis the full time DH

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
Jake " I am not a 4 era guy"

Yes you are, Jake. You are making excuses for everything except coming to grips with you are nothing but a really good four in a rotation. Blame Miggy, blame the baseball, blame your grip. You had one subhuman season and instead of trying to compare your performance to that one once in a lifetime year where nobody could hit your cutter, you should have focused on just getting hitters out.

Good luck in FA. This is exactly why Theo was Leary in giving you a huge contract because he knew you weren't that good/ wouldn't keep that type of impact up.

lol weren't you the one saying he was better than Kershaw? :laugh:

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Lovullo ejected :laugh:. Must have said a magic word or 10.

EDIT: Heh, Mathis got tossed as well.

Last edited:

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell
Not to mention Tom Ricketts went to see his brother

The resemblance is creepy to be honest

*reports post*

and yeah, I passed by that a few times thinking it was Ted Cruz and his brother before reading it.

the As & Astros are having fun on GoT night

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
The A's in 2 of their last 3 games against the Astros have scored 8 runs and 9 runs.

They somehow managed to lose both games.

Tonight: they hit 5 HR's, but struck out 17 times.

They won yesterday against Mike Fiers, but Oakland has lost 6 times in about a week and a half vs. Houston even though they have avoided Keuchel/McCullers.

They're going up against other guys and callups, yet they can't beat these guys.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Everytime Jesse Hahn pitches against the Astros, it's like Pekka Rinne in Consol Energy Center.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Those are middle of the lineup bats that likely wouldn't be replaced in a trade or internally. I'm fine with a left fielder with a noodle arm if he's hitting 40 hrs every year.

no way i'd trade healy or davis

healy will just have to continue shifting around from 3B to 1B to DH for the time being. it's an odd situation but it doesn't seem to be affecting him

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
So the Angels sans Mike Trout:

Win 2 of 3 on the road against Houston, the team with baseball's best record

Win 2 of 3 twice against the Yankees

Win 2 of 3 at Fenway against the Red Sox

Guaranteed at worst a season split with the Dodgers

Mike Sciosicia is baseball's Rasputin.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
The A's in 2 of their last 3 games against the Astros have scored 8 runs and 9 runs.

They somehow managed to lose both games.

Tonight: they hit 5 HR's, but struck out 17 times.

They won yesterday against Mike Fiers, but Oakland has lost 6 times in about a week and a half vs. Houston even though they have avoided Keuchel/McCullers.

They're going up against other guys and callups, yet they can't beat these guys.
It's because our pitching is even worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad