Not open for further replies.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
This Rockies/Giants game will never* finish

*Until Jordan Lyles comes into the game

Arenado bunted with a runner on 1st with no outs :facepalm:

Edit: * Qualls works too

Rockies offense is amazing, all they do is hit weak ground balls.

Last edited:

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Rockies lose again.

If someone wants to step up and make a run in the WC standings, this is your chance.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Nothing has gone right for Colorado since that 10 run inning Arizona planted on them last Wednesday.

Their slide has coincided with the D-Backs going 6-1 in that same stretch.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Rizzo is a hypocrite

Calls out teammate in media for calling out another teammate in media. Supposed to keep it in locker room

As a Sox fan I would gladly take Montero for rest of year. White Sox catchers are absolutely awful and cat hit baseball if life depended on it

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Rizzo is a hypocrite

Calls out teammate in media for calling out another teammate in media. Supposed to keep it in locker room

As a Sox fan I would gladly take Montero for rest of year. White Sox catchers are absolutely awful and cat hit baseball if life depended on it
Chances are Montero was gone right after he made those comments and all Rizzo did this morning was give him a shot that Montero deserved. There isn't one person defending Montero with the exception of the BB forum on HFs. Lol worthy

As for the WS, they can have Montero. Miggys washed up.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Chances are Montero was gone right after he made those comments and all Rizzo did this morning was give him a shot that Montero deserved. There isn't one person defending Montero with the exception of the BB forum on HFs. Lol worthy

He's got an OPS over .800 and an OPS+ of 112 this year... which is considerably better than Contreras so I wouldn't exactly say he's washed up. Obviously Contreras is a much better defensive catcher but Montero is fine platoon or backup option.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
He's got an OPS over .800 and an OPS+ of 112 this year... which is considerably better than Contreras so I wouldn't exactly say he's washed up. Obviously Contreras is a much better defensive catcher but Montero is fine platoon or backup option.
Agreed to an extent. He's also a very good pinch hitter.

He's just not an every day player. And since he's done the whole "go thru the media" thing more then once, chances are he's done.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Montero is due about $7M the rest of the way, so I bet he gets flat out released, and someone signs him for close to the veteran minimum. I can't see a team taking the rest of his contract even though he is a free agent after this year.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell

Agree. I saw the replays on Sportscenter this morning & Montero's body language was awful. You could clearly tell he was pissed at Arieta. And Rizzo is a stand-up guy from all I have seen from him over the years.

Good riddance!

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
Agree. I saw the replays on Sportscenter this morning & Montero's body language was awful. You could clearly tell he was pissed at Arieta. And Rizzo is a stand-up guy from all I have seen from him over the years.

Good riddance!
Agreed. Rizzo is one of the good guys in baseball.

Miggys also having an epic meltdown right now. Buh bye

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
montero is right but it was dumb to let it all out in front of the media like that

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
speaking of the cubs, why are they visiting the white house again?

i guess when you win once a century you get to make two trips?

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
Rizzo should be thrown at every AB until he hangs up his cleats.

He's one of the idiot "Old Guard, Unwritten Rules Guys" that makes Brian McCann seem progressive.
He's also a folk hero in Chicago for his charity work, his approachability and is a really good guy.

Injure him because he considers playing a kids game sacred and respects it's history. Gimmie a break

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
He's also a folk hero in Chicago for his charity work, his approachability and is a really good guy.

Injure him because he considers playing a kids game sacred and respects it's history. Gimmie a break

I never said injure him, just put a 4 seamer in his ribs... multiple times. I'm glad he does charity, makes up for the a-hole he is on the field.

Also, running catchers isn't respecting history. It's dirty and far from sacred. It actually shows a lack of respect for the game, from where I sit and how I was taught to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad