2017 MLB Regular Season Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
He's also a folk hero in Chicago for his charity work, his approachability and is a really good guy.

Injure him because he considers playing a kids game sacred and respects it's history. Gimmie a break

Yeah, a fastball to the ribs would be respecting history though for him going out of his way to run over a catcher for no reason. I'm glad he does charity work, that's great. He's also an idiot. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Yeah, a fastball to the ribs would be respecting history though for him going out of his way to run over a catcher for no reason. I'm glad he does charity work, that's great. He's also an idiot. The two aren't mutually exclusive.
Really?

Intentionally injure somebody for making a hard play that your taught to do in little league?

The ball beat him, his only choice was collide and hope to jar the ball loose. It's baseball.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Really?

Intentionally injure somebody for making a hard play that your taught to do in little league?

The ball beat him, his only choice was collide and hope to jar the ball loose. It's baseball.

Well... that's actually an illegal play now so the better thing to do would have been to slide to the far side of the plate that was being given to him. He actually might have been safe! If he had managed to jar the ball away form the catcher it for sure would have been challenged and overturned so that's just stupid logic.

Furthermore, it wasn't a 'hard play' - it was dirty and bush league. Torre is a complete fool for not doing anything more than saying to Rizzo "I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed". The league specifically put a rule in to stop dangerous, reckless, needless plays like that from the game. Rizzo was an idiot to do it plain and simple.

So, that's a swing and a miss again, not unlike a Kyle Schwarber at bat.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
Jake " I am not a 4 era guy"

Yes you are, Jake. You are making excuses for everything except coming to grips with you are nothing but a really good four in a rotation. Blame Miggy, blame the baseball, blame your grip. You had one subhuman season and instead of trying to compare your performance to that one once in a lifetime year where nobody could hit your cutter, you should have focused on just getting hitters out.

Good luck in FA. This is exactly why Theo was Leary in giving you a huge contract because he knew you weren't that good/ wouldn't keep that type of impact up.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
About to get swept by the Giants

200_s.gif

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
Well... that's actually an illegal play now so the better thing to do would have been to slide to the far side of the plate that was being given to him. He actually might have been safe! If he had managed to jar the ball away form the catcher it for sure would have been challenged and overturned so that's just stupid logic.

Furthermore, it wasn't a 'hard play' - it was dirty and bush league. Torre is a complete fool for not doing anything more than saying to Rizzo "I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed". The league specifically put a rule in to stop dangerous, reckless, needless plays like that from the game. Rizzo was an idiot to do it plain and simple.

So, that's a swing and a miss again, not unlike a Kyle Schwarber at bat.
Way too dramatic.

That play was so "bush league" they didn't throw at Rizzo the next day, even AFTER he clubbed a home run on his first atbat. Don't even remember Rizzo being fined or suspended even.

Trying to make a hard baseball play into real life face kerbangers like when Bautistas head met Odors fist is just dramatic posturing.

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
Chase Anderson leaves the game after hitting in the top of the 2nd. Could be a huge loss for Milwaukee if he is out for an extended period of time.

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
btw montero has proven to be a pretty ****** teammate so him pushing arrieta under the bus last night is no real surprise.

he trashed jupton, bauer and eaton (eaton anonymously) on their way out of arizona.

pretty dumb move by the backup catcher.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Nothing has gone right for Colorado since that 10 run inning Arizona planted on them last Wednesday.

Their slide has coincided with the D-Backs going 6-1 in that same stretch.

Angry-Cat-Good-Meme-05.jpg

Nick Ahmed's hand injury sucks though.

He had supposedly made some adjustments and actually started to hit a little bit. Emphasis on little bit but still better than what I thought he was capable of.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I wonder if the A's might consider dealing one of Semien or Pinder since Barreto appears to be up to stay. Even if Lowrie is presumably traded that leaves Chapman at 3rd, Barreto at 2nd and Healy shifting between 3rd, 1st and dh. They could try and get a good young arm or two if Semien comes back from the dl and produces.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Oh jeez. Bryant caught a pop up but stepped on the corner of the base accidentally and is hurt. Had to be helped off field

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I wonder if the A's might consider dealing one of Semien or Pinder since Barreto appears to be up to stay. Even if Lowrie is presumably traded that leaves Chapman at 3rd, Barreto at 2nd and Healy shifting between 3rd, 1st and dh. They could try and get a good young arm or two if Semien comes back from the dl and produces.

someone will have to be dealt to make room. just not sure it'll be this season

in the meantime, i like pinder in RF to get joyce out of there. i wonder what they plan to do with healy going forward with chapman and alonso at 3B and 1B. if it were me, i'd put healy in LF and make davis the full time DH

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Way too dramatic.

That play was so "bush league" they didn't throw at Rizzo the next day, even AFTER he clubbed a home run on his first atbat. Don't even remember Rizzo being fined or suspended even.

Trying to make a hard baseball play into real life face kerbangers like when Bautistas head met Odors fist is just dramatic posturing.

Could you try that again in English?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad