Prospect Info: 2017 Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #6

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
when babcock says "he's faster with the puck than without it", "he has to get stronger", "it'll be tough for him to make the team", and then talks at length about turnovers......that sounds more like the kiss of death to me.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Bracco is too high here but at the same time, there is no slam dunk at this spot. Definite drop off here.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
If Borgman was drafted we would probably have him in our top 4.

Not sure he'd be that high but I always find it interesting the psychological impact of things like this. For instance imagine if we drafted Brooks the 1st or 2nd time he was eligible in say the 4th round. And then he proceeded to put up a 120 and 130 point season after we drafted him. I feel like he'd probably be 3 or 4 at least. But because he was only a 4th round the year after he had his 120 point year, and then his 130 point year came now as an CHL overager, it dulls the shine a little bit.

I'm not even suggesting he should go right now either. I have him in a tier of 5 starting now in the next poll. Not sure who I'm voting for at 7 yet. I just think it's really interesting how things like that change perception of a prospect.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Skill and smarts, compete level. Basically what Babcock likes in a player. Sounds like Bracco to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad