2017 inagural training camp

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Pulkkinen getting back to back games after a strong performance. I'm assuming Schmidt is playing top RD tonight?

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
DKNusNCU8AANz87.jpg:large

That defense honestly looks pretty rough all things considered. Good amount of offensive ability with not much shutdown ability.

So the guys who haven't played yet are Mcnabb, Schmidt, Pickard, and Karlsson right?

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Still the preseason. Keep repeating that to yourself... :nod:

You say that like I don't know. It's just the defense is general is filled with either guys that are solid offensively and suspect defensively or just suspect at hockey (Sbisa, Stoner)

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
You say that like I don't know. It's just the defense is general is filled with either guys that are solid offensively and suspect defensively or just suspect at hockey (Sbisa, Stoner)

I didn't say that you didn't know. Some of us get caught up in the new team stuff and need the reminder - including myself. I was watching the Vancouver game thinking "Hey - that powerplay is really going to be something." And then I remembered that they were playing Utica.

My apologies if I've offended.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I didn't say that you didn't know. Some of us get caught up in the new team stuff and need the reminder - including myself. I was watching the Vancouver game thinking "Hey - that powerplay is really going to be something." And then I remembered that they were playing Utica.

My apologies if I've offended.

I usually equate affirmative nodding emoji after an explanation of anything to be condescension so if that wasn't your intent then we're all good.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
I usually equate affirmative nodding emoji after an explanation of anything to be condescension so if that wasn't your intent then we're all good.

Yeah - we interpret the nodding thing differently. I've always thought it meant something like light hearted agreement or something like that.

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com
:handclap: He wasn't a standout but he's still young and the more young defensemen for Chicago next year the better.

The Coghlan signing is amazing for you guys as you just got a free 3rd round pick. At the very least he'll become a top pairing AHLer but think there's a good chance he can become a solid #4

3 Fun Facts about Dylan Coghlan.

Love this quote:
it should be noted that McPhee told Coghlan he "hopes he'll play for us for the next 15 years" as he signed his contract.

For a team lacking in RHD prospects, I love the signing. He's also not eligible for the AHL yet, so it doesn't really add to our logjam on D. Great work, GMGM! :yo:

PS. As VGK fans, we should really be paying attention to the WHL this year:

Glass (Portland)
Coghlan (Tri-City)
Leschyshyn (Regina)
Ferguson (Kamloops)

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
PS. As VGK fans, we should really be paying attention to the WHL this year:

Glass (Portland)
Coghlan (Tri-City)
Leschyshyn (Regina)
Ferguson (Kamloops)

Some head office folks are also familiar with Brandon so there may still be a free agent or two coming out of there in the next season or so.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Some head office folks are also familiar with Brandon so there may still be a free agent or two coming out of there in the next season or so.

Having the owner of the Wheat Kings as an assistant GM will definitely help with familiarity in Brandon, but he's also the head of the WHL competition committee, or was.

I imagine we'll see a lot of players from the WHL.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Hopefully that means more defenseman from the Dub. It's the most defensive / physical of the three leagues and has producing a steady stream of NHL quality defenders.

And count me in as surprised Coghlan got an ELC. Didn't really stand out too much (in a good or bad way) but the progression he has shown year over year is very promising.

5 points to 24 to 53. His sidekick Wotherspoon is gone to the pro's, but his new partner is even more talented in Valimaki.

Let's see if he can go close to PPG getting #2 minutes on a team that should be better than last year.

I hope he succeeds especially as a Tri-City born fan. I may have to fly back and see a couple games this year.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
A little surprised about Glass, but that's good news in the long run. Got a good feeling about Wong.

There's no reason to rush anyone since this isn't a competitive team. Getting him up and putting him through a 1-8-0 nine game run can't be great for anything.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Glass can be the rookie of the year next season. Osipov still with the org. I hope he earns a contract.

I guess Tynan, Kolesar, Matteau, Thompson will be the next cuts

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Was hoping Cody Glass got to play in the first ever Golden Knights regular season game at least. Kinda thought Hague had a shot too, but wanted Glass to make it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad