2017 inagural training camp

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Hmmm - I know Ferguson is going back to the W but what about the others? AHL? Juniors? Release from PTO?

They didn't say anything else, just that they're released from camp.

I'm guessing the ones that aren't part of the org are all just cut.

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com
Hmmm - I know Ferguson is going back to the W but what about the others? AHL? Juniors? Release from PTO?

Vaughan is on an AHL-only contract, so he'll go to Chicago.
Jones back to Niagara (OHL).
Ferguson back to Kamloops (WHL).
Patera to Cedar Rapids (USHL).

The rest will be returned to their respective junior or college teams, in hopes of latching on with another NHL team next spring.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
Vaughan is on an AHL-only contract, so he'll go to Chicago.
Jones back to Niagara (OHL).
Ferguson back to Kamloops (WHL).
Patera to Cedar Rapids (USHL).

The rest will be returned to their respective junior or college teams, in hopes of latching on with another NHL team next spring.

Thanks!

Seedling

Tier 7 fan (ballcap)
Jul 16, 2009
Canada
Seems like Theordore will be caught in the "waiver eligible" game (doesn't have to clear), but has he had a strong camp to prove his case so far? I have him in my keeper and have for a few years. I'm really hoping he's up on the team fulltime at some point but expecting him to be sent down due to contract status of other guys on the blueline. Thanks in advance!

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Seems like Theordore will be caught in the "waiver eligible" game (doesn't have to clear), but has he had a strong camp to prove his case so far? I have him in my keeper and have for a few years. I'm really hoping he's up on the team fulltime at some point but expecting him to be sent down due to contract status of other guys on the blueline. Thanks in advance!

From the little I've seen he looks like the exact same player. Well above average offensively, needs significant work defensively.

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com
From the little I've seen he looks like the exact same player. Well above average offensively, needs significant work defensively.

This only adds weight to the argument of sending him down. I know a lot of people keep harping on Theodore being our "best d-man" and that having him start the year in the AHL is some sort of mismanagement on McPhee's part, but I'd rather defer to your assessment since you've watched him as a Ducks fan. I'm sure he'll be a full-time member of the team by the trade deadline, so I'd love to see him get in as much work with Rocky and the Wolves until then, specifically to work on his defensive game.

Pairing him with Reinhart in that first preseason game was also questionable, as both players have some major defensive gaps that need adjusting.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

Martin Jones scheduled to play entire game Wednesday against VGK. Guessing Sharks line up will be known about 11am.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
Yeah, I saw a 3 year ELC. Trying to find something on it, but I'm having major issues with the ol' computer.

Maybe try a younger one.

Edit: I think the Knights just tweeted out that it's an ELC. Good for them. As I said on the Trade and FA Board they've been really building things the right way so far.

Link: https://twitter.com/goldenknights?lang=en

(Note: I keep forgetting how to embed a tweet - I think I'm just gonna give up on the mechanical stuff and stick with what little I know)

Last edited:

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012
“I’m here to play the best hockey I can and make the team,†@stheodore17 said

Theodore should use shorter shilfts. When he plays PK with shifts over a minute and gets another penalty to set the team back to a 3on5, he is no help.

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013
Maybe try a younger one.

Edit: I think the Knights just tweeted out that it's an ELC. Good for them. As I said on the Trade and FA Board they've been really building things the right way so far.

Link: https://twitter.com/goldenknights?lang=en

(Note: I keep forgetting how to embed a tweet - I think I'm just gonna give up on the mechanical stuff and stick with what little I know)

ex. twitter.com/hockeyteam/status/123456789

1) Copy the number after the last / mark. Ex. above: 123456789
2) Click on the blue icon above your message, the icon with the t in the center. Then paste between [open bracket]tweet[closed bracket] and [open bracket]/tweet[closed bracket]

OR

Just type the following, except use brackets [] instead of parentheses (): (tweet)123456789(/tweet)

So, for https://www.twitter.com/GoldenKnights/status/910674277820620800?p=v, just copy 910674277820620800?p=v and paste it in-between.

Hit reply to my post to see how I did it.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Maybe try a younger one.

:handclap: He wasn't a standout but he's still young and the more young defensemen for Chicago next year the better.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
DKNusNCU8AANz87.jpg:large

That defense honestly looks pretty rough all things considered. Good amount of offensive ability with not much shutdown ability.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
The Coghlan signing is amazing for you guys as you just got a free 3rd round pick. At the very least he'll become a top pairing AHLer but think there's a good chance he can become a solid #4

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
ex. twitter.com/hockeyteam/status/123456789

1) Copy the number after the last / mark. Ex. above: 123456789
2) Click on the blue icon above your message, the icon with the t in the center. Then paste between [open bracket]tweet[closed bracket] and [open bracket]/tweet[closed bracket]

OR

Just type the following, except use brackets [] instead of parentheses (): (tweet)123456789(/tweet)

So, for https://www.twitter.com/GoldenKnights/status/910674277820620800?p=v, just copy 910674277820620800?p=v and paste it in-between.

Hit reply to my post to see how I did it.

OK. Here goes...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad