OT: 2017 HFWild Fantasy Football Thread: LOOKING FOR MANAGERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I'd consider trading for a TE, but all I have at WR of any value is Antonio Brown, who I can't trade. Already lost Watkins, Moncrief and Coleman, and dropped John Brown after two total catches in two weeks. My team is decimated.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
PHXVQfe.gif

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I'd consider trading for a TE, but all I have at WR of any value is Antonio Brown, who I can't trade. Already lost Watkins, Moncrief and Coleman, and dropped John Brown after two total catches in two weeks. My team is decimated.

Decimated means "reduced by 1/10".

The word you're looking for is devastated.

Dampland

Mar 14, 2011
Gainfully Employed
Decimated means "reduced by 1/10".

The word you're looking for is devastated.

"to kill, destroy, or remove a large percentage or part of.
"the project would decimate the fragile wetland wilderness"

I know I'm not in this league, but I feel for those of you who lost this week because of David Johnson.

I play in a more or less standard scoring league, and I had 27 point lead going into last nights game. (In my league, this is a HUGE lead, as most weekly scores are in the 45-60 point range)

Needless to say by the end of the 3rd Qtr, I was crapping my pants.

I ended up winning by 3 points, and was never happier in my life to see Floyd get that TD pass in the red zone!

Wild Caniac

@WildCaniac
Jan 23, 2013
NC
I was up 26 points with Enunwa vs Johnson. Only reason I played QE is because I didn't want my roster completely finished for MNF against DJ and I couldn't trust Michael Floyd after the donut last week. That being said, can't believe Enunwa did so bad, and pretty much anyone on my bench could have won this week for me. Sigh.

Dampland

Mar 14, 2011
Gainfully Employed
I was up 26 points with Enunwa vs Johnson. Only reason I played QE is because I didn't want my roster completely finished for MNF against DJ and I couldn't trust Michael Floyd after the donut last week. That being said, can't believe Enunwa did so bad, and pretty much anyone on my bench could have won this week for me. Sigh.

emma-stone-no.gif

I've been there. So far this year, I had Demarco Murray on the bench week #1, Marvin Jones benched against the Packers, and I dropped Terrence West and Jordan Matthews the very week before they became starters!!

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Proof that managing the waiver wire is necessary to win your league:

My week 1 lineup:
Luck
A Brown
Watkins (IR)
Moncrief (already missed 4 weeks)
Lacy (out several weeks now)
Jennings (off roster)
Fleener (dropped after sucking and picked back up)
J Brown (off roster)

Still 4-2 somehow. And now Brown takes a huge hit with Big Ben out.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
So this isn't about our league, but I figure a few of you would get a kick out of this story about my "main" fanta$y league. When the week ends after tonight's game, I will be the highest scoring team in my league by 4 points. 3rd place and beyond there's a steep drop off. I am on my way to being 2-5. Started out 2-0. I've faced the highest scoring team every week 5 weeks in a row now and have lost by 2 points or less every game. One of my losses came from a tie in which the tiebreaker was bench points. Every player except DeAngelo Williams was on bye for me that week. Has anyone ever even heard of that before? Highest scoring team is in 2nd to last place in a 12 team league?

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Wow, that's brutal. I'm not sure what's worse, losing five in a row by two points, or playing the highest scoring team five weeks in a row.

I've heard of that tiebreaker before, but never seen it actually used. That's why it's necessary to play with fractional points, so ties are so much less common. Also it's just a stupid tiebreaker in the first place. You shouldn't be punished for bye weeks.

The good news is you'll own the tiebreaker over anyone for the bottom playoff spots, and all that really matters is you get in. Better to be 6th and a great team than 1st and just okay at the end of the regular season. Other than the bye I suppose.

Wild Caniac

@WildCaniac
Jan 23, 2013
NC
Yeah, I was fine taking the loss on the offer too. I have Beasley in another league and he hasn't let me down. Good deal.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
So this isn't about our league, but I figure a few of you would get a kick out of this story about my "main" fanta$y league. When the week ends after tonight's game, I will be the highest scoring team in my league by 4 points. 3rd place and beyond there's a steep drop off. I am on my way to being 2-5. Started out 2-0. I've faced the highest scoring team every week 5 weeks in a row now and have lost by 2 points or less every game. One of my losses came from a tie in which the tiebreaker was bench points. Every player except DeAngelo Williams was on bye for me that week. Has anyone ever even heard of that before? Highest scoring team is in 2nd to last place in a 12 team league?

That's absolutely brutal. Almost worth a shot at switching from head to head to top half of league wins, bottom half loses. That's brutal.

Dampland

Mar 14, 2011
Gainfully Employed

About 15 years ago, I finished in last place in my 12 team league. I was the highest scored upon team by well over 100 points, yet finished with the 3rd most points scored during the season, and was less than 20 points behind the #1 team. :rant:

This year I am 4-5 thus far, only 39 points behind the highest scorer, yet, I'm 5th in scoring. However I have the 2nd most points scored against me, behind the leader by only 6 points.

I have played the 1st or 2nd High Point team of the week 4 out of my 5 loses.

Plus I drafted Doug Martin ....... arrrgh!!

So I feel your pain brother.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
On my money team my top 3 drafted RBs were Gurley, Martin, Woodhead. UGH. Thankfully I've been great on the waiver wire so I'm okay at RB, relatively speaking, but my team is still like 3-6. What sucks with Martin is that he was basically undroppable, since he was first just going to miss a few weeks, and then with the setback, no one knew if it would be long term. So it's like a wasted roster spot all year. Thankfully he at least practiced today so maybe he's finally back.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
In my big money league it's 10 teams split into two divisions...I have the most points for in my division but I'm 1-8 :)

Wild Caniac

@WildCaniac
Jan 23, 2013
NC
Steven Hauschka singlehandedly gave me a virtually impossible win and also got me 6th place and a playoff spot by less than 10 total points for the season. What a champion.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Steven Hauschka singlehandedly gave me a virtually impossible win and also got me 6th place and a playoff spot by less than 10 total points for the season. What a champion.

Wow, talk about barely squeaking in. That was lucky. :laugh: Points were real close for the 6 spot too.

But you better lose this week! I couldn't sneak into the two spot to get that bye, so here we go.

Wild Caniac

@WildCaniac
Jan 23, 2013
NC
Good luck man, I hope my WRs actually play well this week, and god knows I need a solid QB performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad