OT: 2017 HFWild Fantasy Football Thread: LOOKING FOR MANAGERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Alright everyone, with the NFL season around the corner it's about that time of year to start getting organized for fantasy football season. I am volunteering to be commissioner again this year. I would like to give the owners of last year's teams the first opportunity to sign up. If anyone else is interested in joining shoot me a PM and I'll put you on the list.

This is basically a repost/paste of last year's thread that I made. Any changes will be bolded.

Alright alright, since no one has fallen on the grenade of being commissioner, I will volunteer this year. I am going to go ahead and cut a few corners that have taken up days at a time of deciding (at the very least) this year and make a few decisions preemptively.

1. This will be a Yahoo draft.
2. This will be a PPR (points per reception (.5 points per reception)) league. We've done this in years past and it seems to work.
3. This will be a 12 team league (unless not enough people sign up). 8 is weak/every team is stacked, 16 proved to be too many in years past.
4. If the draft is on a weeknight it will be after 6pm CST/CDT (whatever we are on now (I can't keep track)). If a Saturday or Sunday is selected, then we can opt for an earlier draft time.
5. The draft order will be determined randomly.
6. This will be a snake draft, unless the majority want an auction.
7. Championship game is held in Week 16 - Playoffs are Weeks 14, 15, 16 with 6/12 teams making it in
8. This will be a head-to-head points league
9. There will be no divisions - Playoff seeding will be determined by regular season standings
10. Trade deadline is November 14th
11. Teams out of the playoffs' rosters will be locked once the playoffs start
12. Roster size: 16 - 1 QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB/TE Flex, 1 K, 1 D, 6 Bench, 1 IR slot.
13. Max acquisitions per week: 3. Waiver type: Continual rolling list.
14. Trading of draft picks is allowed.
15. I would like to give the regular, generic users from last year the chance to claim their spots first. Obviously others are welcome, but the regular HFers get priority (at my discretion). If not enough "regulars" sign up, others are welcome. Don't be afraid to ask; I'll keep a list everyone who wants in.
16. PM me if you are interested in joining. Don't post your email addresses in this thread (**** you, spammers). I will send out PMs with the link and password to the league in response. Draft times will be changed/updated once we agree on one.

Teams from last year:

1. Generic User - Balls Deep
2. Victorious Secret - Ponder This
3. Wild48 - The Angry Inch
4. Wild11MN - The Vanek Button
5. Avder - Threshecutioners
6. ? - James Quick's Team
7. ? - Clutterbuck
8. Randy BoBandy - Pat's Peerless Team
9. this providence - Tread Lightly
10. gphr513 - Dinkytown Drunks
11. keppel146 - Granny's Casselrole
12. tyratoku - Team McDangleberries

So...

Draft is tentatively scheduled for Sunday, September 6th at 7:00pm Central time. Speak up if this is a problem.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
People hated Yahoo? I've always hated ESPN for fantasy.

Oh, and I'm in again.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
People hated Yahoo last year?

What?

And I'll have to think about it, I'm leery about anything ESPN.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
We can go back to Yahoo if that's what people want. Really don't care one way or the other. I just remember during the draft last year lots of people were trashing Yahoo.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Any reason we're going from 3 to 2 WRs?

I would suggest a full PPR (rather than half PPR), and have 3 WR + a flex WR/TE/RB.

But, I like deeper leagues, I know not everyone likes that.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Any reason we're going from 3 to 2 WRs?

I would suggest a full PPR (rather than half PPR), and have 3 WR + a flex WR/TE/RB.

But, I like deeper leagues, I know not everyone likes that.

A few reasons. Receiver is by far the deepest position in FF this year. It will encourage smarter decision making as far as who you start and who you bench. 2RB/2WR/1FLX is the default in standard format leagues as well. Especially if we were to do full PPR, then we definitely wouldn't want more than 2 WR slots because of those extra points you'd be getting.

I'm open to going back to 3, but going full PPR + 3 WR slots might be a little much.

What's everyone's thoughts? Would you rather have 3 WR slots with .5 PPR or 2 WR slots with 1 PPR?

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
I didn't see a problem with last years format, but I also don't know if I'll have a problem with a new one. If we go full PPR will that leave running back's even more irrelevant?

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Yeah, the bruising RB's are definitely hurt by it, but it makes the Matt Forte type RB's super valuable.

But, anyways, I'm fine if we stick with .5 PPR

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I like 0.5 PPR. I think catches should definitely be worth something, but a whole point shifts it too far in favor of WRs. As for 2 vs. 3, I think we should at least have the chance to start 3 at a time (as in 2 + flex). So it doesn't make any difference to me.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Alright so let's start throwing out some draft times. The first game of the NFL season is Thursday, September 10th.

Also, still waiting on some owners of last year's teams to reclaim their spots this year. Please get that done soon-ish or your spot will go to one of the newbies on the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad