OT: 2017 Frozen Four in Chicago | 4/8 | Minnesota-Duluth vs Denver

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
BU wins it.

I finally decided I had to leave during the second OT. Game winner was scored before I even got to my car.

But holy **** Brock Boesser is playing for Vancouver at 1pm today after playing a double OT game yesterday. Crazy. Kids gotta be tired.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Definitely rooting for Air Force now, even if they'd assuredly be a weak draw for Chicago.

If Air Force can make it to the Frozen Four in Chicago and IF Cornell can also make it ...would tgey pkay each other in one of the semi-finals? If so you would see our Hawks draftee Beau Starrett (Cornell )play against his big brother Shane who is the starting goalie for Air Force ..both are big boys..Neau at 6'5 zand Shame at 6'4. However even if both their teams make bit to Chicago for the Frozen Four ,not sure if they would play each other in the semis. Would if both miraculously make it to the Final if they did not meet in a seni-fonal.

ANYWAY ..it coukd be the story of the Frozen Four if they do get to pkay against each other.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Penn State and Notre Dame both alive with a shot to reach Chicago.

Go Denver and Lowell. Take 'em both down and save us from their presence in Chicago.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Damn, Harvard holds off Air Force, will face Minnesota-Duluth on April 6th.

Half of the tickets to Chicago punched. Winners of Denver/Penn State and Notre Dame/UMass-Lowell tomorrow will comprise the second half of the Frozen Four.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Damn, Harvard holds off Air Force, will face Minnesota-Duluth on April 6th.

Half of the tickets to Chicago punched. Winners of Denver/Penn State and Notre Dame/UMass-Lowell tomorrow will comprise the second half of the Frozen Four.

So tge #2 and#3 seeds got through to the Final Four...you now expect the #1 and #4 seeds to also make it (Denver and UMASS-LOWEL respectively)...still I would like at least 1 upset by the 2 lower seeds still with a chance to prevent a top 4 seed sweep...I would give Penn State a better chance to upset Denver than Note Dame beating a very focused UMass-Lowell team ...but we shall see.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Crap. Notre Dame punches their ticket to Chicago in OT.

Well, at least we know that there'll be a reliable draw for at least the first round.

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
Hate Notre Dame. They are everything wrong with college athletics.

Their football program has had their arrogant moments, but "everything wrong with college athletics"? That seems a bit extreme. Many of the major sports they seem very competitive in.

That includes hockey of course. Came from 2-0 down in the third to beat Minnesota, and came from one down in the third to beat Mass-Lowell in OT on Sunday. Saw both games, very exciting stuff.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
The Blake Hillman vs. Denis Gilbert match up. ..certainly Chicago fans gotta be interested in watching that..could we actualjy have 2 competent D-men prospects on display? NO...the very thought of such a thing is too much for anyone to take!

IndyDave

Jul 30, 2005
I may be coming to the Frozen Four - kind of scanning the various ticket resale sites.

When my son and attended the Frozen Four in DC several years ago, we ended up sitting in the in arena restaurant / club to watch the game. While normally for Caps club seat holders only, it was open to the public during the Frozen Four. We had seats in the front row of the club where we could clearly see the game, much better than we could from our upper level seats. We just had to commit to buying an overpriced buffet of food, but it was a lot cheaper than upgrading our seats from scalpers.

I've done some research and found the list of the various clubs / restaurants in the United Center, but I can't tell if any of them actually have seats from which you could watch the game.

If such a club exists in the United Center, I would call to see if they will be open for the Frozen Four and I might just grab the cheapest seats I can to get in the door.

Thanks in advance

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Duluth takes the lead late in the third!

And Harvard hit the post at the very end!

And that was the winner. Bulldogs going to the championship game on Saturday.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Alright, Frozen Four's here. Just let anybody but Notre Dame win.

Not at all a Notre Dame fan but I'm kinda pulling for them because I wanna see Gilbert advance. I've heard a lot of good things about him and this is my first viewing.

Like what I see so far. He's got a real calming presence on the blue line.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Gilbert's made at least 3 nice hits tonight at the halfway point of this game. Thats something we haven't had on the back end in a little bit.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
was there last night..pretty mehh event actually. maybe cuz they weren't serving alchohol but it was pretty boring, crowd was not into it and the first game until the end was choppy all the way around. pretty disappointed i spent my money on it.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Sorry to hear. I was enjoying it on the tube, but I'd have to image that a pro-Notre Dame crowd being sullen didn't help the mood.

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
was there last night..pretty mehh event actually. maybe cuz they weren't serving alchohol but it was pretty boring, crowd was not into it and the first game until the end was choppy all the way around. pretty disappointed i spent my money on it.

Had a couple relatives there and heard the same. Most of the Irish fans didn't expect much, they were in the just happy to be there role. Still another solid season for them. Denver was just much better. But yeah that first game was sluggish for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad