OT: 2017 Frozen Four in Chicago | 4/8 | Minnesota-Duluth vs Denver

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
YZUZrPN.gif

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
Just saw that. Already planning to take a mini vacation to attend.

3+ years is enough notice, right?

Hopefully it works out better than my 3-year plan to get tickets to the World Cup in Rio, which I started in 2011.

Spoiler alert: I still don't have tickets.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Awesome. Now only if there was a team in the state to root for.

Gurth

Feb 22, 2010
Madison
Awesome. Now only if there was a team in the state to root for.

Notre Dame?

From all the coverage they got when I lived there, I assume they're in the Chicago metro area?

Myself? Hope the Badgers can make it although it'd also be fun to go without a rooting interest although there are a few teams I'd root against.

Gurth

Feb 22, 2010
Madison
He said a team in the state, and you brought up Notre Dame.

And no, it's Chicago's favorite college to hate.

You must have missed the sarcastic "metro area" portion.

Never mind.

It was a jab, nothing more.

Chicago press LOVES Notre Dame... or at least it did. And I don't buy that Chicagoans en masse hate Notre Dame. Not for a second.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
The press covers them because everyone else around here sucks.

Growing up, you were either the 20% of kids who loved in ND, you were the 80% of kids who hated the 20% of kids that loved ND.

Gurth

Feb 22, 2010
Madison
The press covers them because everyone else around here sucks.

Growing up, you were either the 20% of kids who loved in ND, you were the 80% of kids who hated the 20% of kids that loved ND.

Grew up in Joliet. Went to Joliet Catholic.

Always hated Notre Dame... mainly because of how much we always had to hear about them.

Personally, I believe that the press covers them because Chicago is (or at least was) such a huge Catholic area. In no other place that I've lived is the doings of the Bishop covered like it is on Chicago news.

Then you have about 600 (estimate) Catholic schools in the area...

There are a lot of reasons for the area to like Notre Dame although it's probably fading since the heyday when they were actually great at football.

Gurth

Feb 22, 2010
Madison
Anyway, back to the subject at hand...

As a Badger season ticket holder and a HUGE fan of college hockey, I love this announcement and hope to attend whether Bucky is there or not.

MTP

I Love Shinpads
Jan 19, 2010
Downers Grove, IL
Grew up in Joliet. Went to Joliet Catholic.

Always hated Notre Dame... mainly because of how much we always had to hear about them.

Personally, I believe that the press covers them because Chicago is (or at least was) such a huge Catholic area. In no other place that I've lived is the doings of the Bishop covered like it is on Chicago news.

Then you have about 600 (estimate) Catholic schools in the area...

There are a lot of reasons for the area to like Notre Dame although it's probably fading since the heyday when they were actually great at football.

Any coke busts at JCA when you attended?

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
awesome news!

maybe this will finally lead to Loyola, UIC, UofI, etc to finally getting D-1 hockey teams!! ahhh who the hell am I kidding!

Sorry. Only matched 2 numbers at most on my Mega Millions tickets last night to buy U of I a D-1 ice hockey program.

I'll try again in a couple of days. :laugh:

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
All I know is that I just hope that I don't have to attend a Michigan/Notre Dame championship in 2017, as I'm definitely be going and I'd like to think that at least one of the teams will be remotely rootable for me.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Actually...Notre Dame is a co-host with the Chicago Sports Comission for the event...Maybe that means some games played at ND and some games at the UC? But are the Hawks still in reg season or playoffs by then? If playoff time then it could get dicey as to fittimg in the Hawks to a UC date if booked up for several days on a weekend. BUT they will figure it out if required? Perhaps a double use day with an afternoon and evening game if that is what needs to happen?

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Our current freshmen...Hinostroza at Notre Dame...Johnson at North Dakota or Motte at Michigan if they all stay in school through their Senior year of 2016/17...all have a chance to make this big dance as would any draftees from the 2014 2015 and 2016 drafts that go the NCAA route.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Chicago becoming the center of US amature hockey. I think the USHL has its headquarters based in Chicago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad