OT: 2017 Frozen Four in Chicago | 4/8 | Minnesota-Duluth vs Denver

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Actually...Notre Dame is a co-host with the Chicago Sports Comission for the event...Maybe that means some games played at ND and some games at the UC? But are the Hawks still in reg season or playoffs by then? If playoff time then it could get dicey as to fittimg in the Hawks to a UC date if booked up for several days on a weekend. BUT they will figure it out if required? Perhaps a double use day with an afternoon and evening game if that is what needs to happen?

Every NCAA post-season event will have a host school attached to it. It doesn't mean that games will be at Notre Dame, but just Notre Dame's athletic department is in charge of making sure everything works right as the event host.

Chicago wanted to bid for the Frozen Four but because there is no D-1 hockey program in Illinois, the UC bid had to partner with Notre Dame as its host school.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Actually, they could've partnered with any school. The next time it's in Tampa the cohost will be the Wisconsin Badgers of all schools, after all. Norte Dame makes the most sense, though.

And yes, all three Frozen Four games will be at the UC. The earlier regional round games will be at different locations.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Actually...Notre Dame is a co-host with the Chicago Sports Comission for the event...Maybe that means some games played at ND and some games at the UC? But are the Hawks still in reg season or playoffs by then? If playoff time then it could get dicey as to fittimg in the Hawks to a UC date if booked up for several days on a weekend. BUT they will figure it out if required? Perhaps a double use day with an afternoon and evening game if that is what needs to happen?

What the **** are you talking about?

It's 3 games, all at the UC. And it's always the weekend before the playoffs start, the week after the Final Four. [MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Hawks fans are historically Badgers fans.

I'll pass.

Chicago wanted to bid for the Frozen Four but because there is no D-1 hockey program in Illinois, the UC bid had to partner with Notre Dame as its host school.

I think it could've partnered with the Big Ten itself. That's always the designated host for NCAA basketball tournament games at the UC.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Hey, look at this.... a relevent necrobump...

Regional sites for the 2017 Frozen Four were announced:

East - Providence, Rhode Island
Northeast - Manchester, New Hampshire
Midwest - Cincinnati, Ohio
West - Fargo, North Dakota

http://www.ncaa.com/news/icehockey-...hockey-2017-di-mens-ice-hockey-regional-sites

Figured that we might as well have this be the topic for all 2017 Frozen Four news, going up to the GDTs. Wooo long planning...

Also, the dates of the Frozen Four itself will be April 6th & 8th.

Last edited:

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Too rich for my blood.

I'll wait and buy tix to the championship game day of when all the Frozen Four losers wanna skip town.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Yeah I'll probably end up just attending the championship game as well. Was kind of suprised when I saw how expensive the tickets were. I can't imagine they're going to cost near that on resale markets on the week of the frozen four.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I'm not that surprised. I mean, it is a one-off event and we are talking about buying three games at once. The costliest one is $650 for three games, so just a hair above $215 a seat per game for the most primo spots. I'm assuming that equivalent Hawks tickets are north of that price, right?

If I still lived in Chicago and wasn't on a budget with my new house, I'd definitely drop $175 for the cheapest seat. $60 per game's not that bad. Paid over $90 per seat for about the same spot for the Hawks/Leafs game this year, after all.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
I'm not that surprised. I mean, it is a one-off event and we are talking about buying three games at once. The costliest one is $650 for three games, so just a hair above $215 a seat per game for the most primo spots. I'm assuming that equivalent Hawks tickets are north of that price, right?

If I still lived in Chicago and wasn't on a budget with my new house, I'd definitely drop $175 for the cheapest seat. $60 per game's not that bad. Paid over $90 per seat for about the same spot for the Hawks/Leafs game this year, after all.

I mean it's below Hawks pricing, not by a crazy amount though. There's a demand for Blackhawks tickets. I can't imagine there is a similar demand for college hockey where it's more than likely there isn't going to be a local team there. **** even the demand for Hawks tickets has gone down recently. I got a pair in the 100 level for 59 a pop before fees for last Sunday nights game. I did buy the tickets 30 minutes before puck drop but still I have noticed that prices on resale markets are down considerably from last season.

I would imagine day of game these tickets are selling on resale markets for a lot cheaper than face.

STC

Oct 29, 2012
Day of sale only seats available were 16th row up with the peasants. I'm gonna wait for some free tickets in the 200 or 100 level to fall in my lap. Buddy of mine works in advertising and says he will be able to get some.

STC

Oct 29, 2012
Regarding the price, what do you guys think would be a fair price for 100 level seats for all 3 games? I don't know what they're charging since I only saw seats available in the 300 level, but i would think $200-$225 is fair. It's a great event, I watch it on tv ever year.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Tournament bracket announced:

Providence Regional
1) Harvard vs 4) Providence
2) Western Michigan vs 3) Air Force

Fargo Regional
1) Minnesota-Duluth vs 4) Ohio State
2) Boston University vs 3) North Dakota

Manchester Regional
1) Minnesota vs 4) Notre Dame
2) UMass Lowell vs 3) Cornell

Cincinnati Regional
1) Denver vs 4) Michigan Tech
2) Union vs 3) Penn State

So, of those matchups, guess I'm rooting for Air Force, North Dakota, UMass Lowell, and Union to make it to the Frozen Four in Chicago.

http://www.ncaa.com/interactive-bracket/icehockey-men/d1

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Down goes the defending champs. And actually? Might as well enjoy the topic dedicated to the tourney with this stuff, so moving. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad