OT: 2017 Football Thread II: Rofl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
ESPN's Josina Anderson got a scoop from Giants players about McAdoo.

McAdoo has lost this team. He's got us going 80 percent on Saturdays before we get on a plane to play a game. It's wild. Changed our off day. He's dishing out fines like crazy. Suspended two of our stars when we need them the most. Throws us under the bus all the time. He's ran us into the ground, and people wonder why we've been getting got.

Guys are giving up on the season, and nothing's being done. Guys just don't care anymore

Ben McAdoo 'Has Lost This Team,' Giants 'Giving Up,' Anonymous Players Say

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Eh ya know McAdoo sucks and all that, but when you see guys pulling shit like Apple did (in the video posted previously) it's hard to feel anything for the players. I mean I understand being frustrated and upset and all that, but you're professionals getting paid a shit-ton of money. Even if your coach is a dope you can't quit. And if you do, you deserve just as much blame as the dopey coach.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Eh ya know McAdoo sucks and all that, but when you see guys pulling **** like Apple did (in the video posted previously) it's hard to feel anything for the players. I mean I understand being frustrated and upset and all that, but you're professionals getting paid a ****-ton of money. Even if your coach is a dope you can't quit. And if you do, you deserve just as much blame as the dopey coach.
True, but I think Apple is very likely an outlier. I doubt there are many other players in that locker room who have quit. Even DRC was visibly frustrated on the field the other day and he's probably got more hatred for McAdoo than most of the other players in that locker room.

Stacking Eli and Engram in DraftKings today. I'm going down with the ship.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
This Giants season is like having a garbage can placed over your head and being pushed down a flight of stairs.

I know this game isn't over but I thought I'd elaborate anyway.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
That crime of an attempted tackle by Jenkins tells me all that I need to confirm that this team has simply quit on this season.

Reactions: Fvital92

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
LMAO at Jenkins "tackle". Well, now we probably know which players snitched the reality of this team.

klingsor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Manhattan
Visit site
It's difficult enough to watch this crap but does "Moose" ever shut up?

Good job by the Giants padding Eli's stats and their 4th down success rate.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Moved to Florida four years ago (and I'm actually a Jets -AND- Giants fan. It IS possible) and this was the first year I didn't get Sunday Ticket. I think I made the right choice. Sad to see Eli's final years getting wasted by this organization.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I wouldn't fire McAdoo yet. Let him do something useful for this franchise and secure the #1 pick in the draft first. Then fire Reese and McAdoo.
Cleveland is looking like a legitimate contender to go without a win this year, so you're probably shooting for #2 overall at best.

And either way, I think the Giants are sufficiently terrible and injured that bringing in Bill Cowher or John Gruden or anyone else wouldn't turn it around.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Moved to Florida four years ago (and I'm actually a Jets -AND- Giants fan. It IS possible) and this was the first year I didn't get Sunday Ticket. I think I made the right choice. Sad to see Eli's final years getting wasted by this organization.

Rofl. Eli is a HUGE part of the problem. Because. You know. He’s f***ing terrible right now. He needs to be cut.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Yesterday's loss was the kind that I expected the Jets to have this year--D shows up, O doesn't. Now that they basically have to run the table to get a spot, I'm okay pulling for them to lose out. Proud of the way they responded this year and made lots of "experts" look like idiots, but it's time to look to the future.

Also, I'm good retaining Bowles. He has done a good job this year, fourth quarter follies notwithstanding.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
As a longtime Jets fan I'm sort of jealous of the season the G-Men are having.
On one hand, with just the overall win-loss, yes. But the Giants have been a dysfunctional embarrassment. I've seen enough of that with the Jets in my life and am glad that's not what happened this year. It easily could have. But they have played hard each week, as a team, without drama. From that angle it has been a refreshing year.

Leetch Fan

Oct 12, 2014
[Q="Crease, post: 137848515, member: 20419"]As a longtime Jets fan I'm sort of jealous of the season the G-Men are having.[/QUOTE]
Therapy for you my friend. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad