2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
3a496523f90ee8692fd106ee8c9ee3cb--little-giants-on-the-beach.jpg

Reactions: FultonReed

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Last thing I want to see right now is McAdoo fired because it may result in the usual win after the coach firing. Next week's game is one you absolutely have to lose

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
McAdoo stated that he will consider starting Webb!!

That would be great. Eli's play has been embarrassing this season. Giving up the ball, awful audibles, locking onto a single receiver on every throw, and his general inaccuracy. He's done. We all respect what he did in the past, but he's done.

Start Webb. Let's see what we have. The line is finally pass-blocking a bit so he shouldn't get massacred out there. They can also even run a bit.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I want this team to go 1-15 so I don't know about playing Webb. Then again if Webb looks good maybe we won't need a QB in the draft.

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
McAdoo stated that he will consider starting Webb!!

That would be great. Eli's play has been embarrassing this season. Giving up the ball, awful audibles, locking onto a single receiver on every throw, and his general inaccuracy. He's done. We all respect what he did in the past, but he's done.

Start Webb. Let's see what we have. The line is finally pass-blocking a bit so he shouldn't get massacred out there. They can also even run a bit.

He and Reese are playing for their jobs, I doubt they'll have the balls to start a rookie.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I want this team to go 1-15 so I don't know about playing Webb. Then again if Webb looks good maybe we won't need a QB in the draft.

I think you trade Webb regardless. It's highly unlikely any of those QBs going 1-4 or 1-5 don't end up better than him. You just cannot go and draft Barkley 2nd overall with the QBs who will be on the board

YetAnotherNorwegian

Nov 1, 2010
I know too little about this to know if "select the best player available" is as much of a rule of thumb in gridiron as it is elsewhere, I guess it's equally important to address the current needs of your team as the impact of the drafted players is visible faster here, but...

If your franchise QB is on a rapid decline, and you are in a position where you can draft the guy who's likely to be your next franchise QB for the foreseeable future, that should be a no-brainer.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown

That's exactly why we need to find out about Webb. If we somehow hit a home run with Webb and can take another player (or trade down for a bunch of picks), it's a huge win for the franchise.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Coming on board with the thought that we need to play Webb to see whether or not to burn this top-5 pick on a franchise QB, or if we can draft Barkley.

But holy shit, can we fire McAdoo already? My god.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Gotta see what we have in webb. Especially since this loaded qb draft class has underperformed so far this season.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Wow, I don't remember seeing an NFL player actively avoid trying to make a tackle before. I'd bench a guy for a game for that garbage. That's just showing that you've quit.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Looks like the Giants are checking out what their options are for QB in this draft...

https://deadspin.com/report-the-giants-are-looking-for-their-next-franchise-1820251263

I presume that Manning will get his start this coming sunday so that he can tie his brother for started games... after that, it's up in the air... or they'll just let him start games and then drop webb in.

Regardless, Webb needs to play because they need to see what they have at this point.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Eli Apple has been a disgrace. An absolutelt shitty football player. He was crap last year even with how good the defense was. He has been as just as bad this year, if not worse. I’d send him packing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad