2017 Draft - 1st Pick: Kailer Yamamoto - Signs ELC

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
It's almost like everyone losing their minds over a cold streak were hilariously short sighted.
I don't think it was so much a cold streak as it was that he went into a funk after being sent down and didn't seem to care. That's what caused me concern; we always knew he had the talent if he wanted to use it. He didn't want to be back riding buses again after the high life of an NHL pro.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Based on his PPG, if he played the same amount of games as the other guys on his team, he would be leading the team by 10 points.

Also would be in the top 10 for points in the league.

He's good.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
It's almost like everyone losing their minds over a cold streak were hilariously short sighted.

Most of them were only seeing him as a prospect that Chia brought in, that Chia ruined by giving him 9 games and that Chia is going to rush into the NHL full time next season. Looking to project anger somewhere...because the 5 threads at the top of the page aren't enough for them.

Kid looks great again. Let's also not forget that he wasn't a top 5 pick. At the spot where he was drafted he's doing just fine.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
He's going to make the team next year easily, there's a fair chance he could be the 2nd best winger on the team next year at the rate Lucic is falling off.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Kassian has the #4 spot locked up and is capable of playing on the third line.

Jessie "should" have one top 6 spot locked up. A top 9 spot for sure.

Draisaitl or Strome whichever is not being used at center fills another spot but that means we need to sign or resign a #4 center or top 9 RW.

That unfortunately leaves a spot for Yamamoto. I imagine he will have some low grade competition like Slepy and/or Cagullia but with our cap situation/roster it is highly likely he will make the team. Which is tru.y unfortunate because having both JP and Yamamoto in our top 6/9 is too fragile in terms of experience. I believe Yamamoto needs at least half a season of seasoning in the AHL.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
I really think Yamamoto will be a perfect compliment to McDavid, put them along with a bigger player like Lucic or Maroon. Perfect mix of skill and grit.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Good to see him finally picking up his play. Want him to go into next season with a lot of confidence.

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
Yammy is en fuego right now. Good thing he waited until Canada won gold before turning it up though :naughty:
Hopefully he can continue this absolute torrid pace.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
That Heponiemi kid that Florida drafted is putting up out of this world numbers in Swift Current... he's in on 60% of the teams goals.

Florida has a great prospect there.

edit... meant Florida... not Tampa.

Last edited:

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I swear... you could very likely just make a list of the highest pts/game draft eligible players in each draft (adjusted by quality of the league/team they play on)... one for dmen and one for forwards and use that as your draft ranking list and likely do better than half the NHL teams do in the draft with their multitude of pro scouts.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
I swear... you could very likely just make a list of the highest pts/game draft eligible players in each draft (adjusted by quality of the league/team they play on)... one for dmen and one for forwards and use that as your draft ranking list and likely do better than half the NHL teams do in the draft with their multitude of pro scouts.
If only it was that easy.

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012

It's pretty sad how many obvious busts you can avoid by using just a tiny amount of stat checking.

That's Offside!: Defense, Defensemen, and the Draft

2016 Draft: Which Swedes Fit The 51% Rule? - NHL Numbers

We think the Vancouver Canucks may have a scouting problem(!!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad