Status
Not open for further replies.

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
1. Mark Jankowski (50.00%)

Run-off rules (copied from Angelsmith's thread last year):
• If first and second place are separated by a number of votes less than or equal to the number of votes for third place, a run-off vote will take place.
• If first and third are separated by a number of votes less than the number of all other votes, a three-way run-off vote will take place.
• Rules are subject to change due to common sense at all times.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
My top 3 are

Jankowski
Parsons
Kylington

Gonna vote Parsons here, only because Flames need a franchise tender more than a smooth skating left defenseman.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
This is gonna be Parsons, but until he gets a season under his belt in the AHL he doesn't sniff the top 5 for me

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Parsons has done some great stuff but you can't project a goalie that high up your prospect rankings based solely on their junior career. He's a 19 year old playing a position where many players don't reach their prime until their late 20s

Calgareee

Jun 29, 2015
Going with Andersson.

I really like Parsons but Andersson was one of the better young defensemen in the AHL last year and is pretty much guaranteed to be an NHL Dman.

Parsons is a goalie that hasn't played a year of pro so doesn't quite do it for me.

Valimaki will be my vote at 3 the Parsons at 4

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
Parsons for me here. I know it won't go this way, but my top 5 is - Jankowski, Parsons, Valimaki, Andersson, Dube.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I still feel Gillies is a top prospect, I have him #2, but Parsons is very close

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Same for me. Just like Mangiapane last year, I want to see how Parsons does as a pro before I fully buy into the hype.

I agree, it's close though.
1c6c64b.jpg

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
I voted Andersson, but this shouldnt be a reason as to why you picked Parsons.

I value goaltending more, if you have a strong goaltender they can sometimes cover up for defensive mistakes, but that's just my opinion, anyways I have Andersson next in my personal rankings.

MonarchFlames

Sep 30, 2016
I value goaltending more, if you have a strong goaltender they can sometimes cover up for defensive mistakes, but that's just my opinion, anyways I have Andersson next in my personal rankings.

That's true but if you look at teams with the elite goaltenders like Montreal, Rangers and Washington. They haven't gone anywhere in the playoffs. As long as you have an above average goalie and the rest of the roster is really good it shouldn't matter. Personally for me it's Elite 1C> Elite 1D> Elite 1G.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Parsons has done some great stuff but you can't project a goalie that high up your prospect rankings based solely on their junior career. He's a 19 year old playing a position where many players don't reach their prime until their late 20s

he is as good as any draft +1 year goalie in the last ~ decade. They are voodoo but I think he's the exception. Quick is a world class goalie but I honestly feel like Parsons does a lot of the same things. Then again I've been wrong about goalie prospects most of the time.

Last edited:

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
I voted Parsons, but I have Gillies at 3. Followed by Kylington/Andersson/Valimaki.

I'm really interested to see where Lomberg lands. Same with Poirier.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
I have:

Parsons
Andersson

Then it gets more confusing
Kylington/Valimaki

These guys can also go in almost any order:
Gillies
Fox
Poirier (if resurgence is true he still has great upside)
Foo

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
I have:

Parsons
Andersson

Then it gets more confusing
Kylington/Valimaki

These guys can also go in almost any order:
Gillies
Fox
Poirier (if resurgence is true he still has great upside)
Foo

I think Parsons/Gillies/Kylington/Andersson/Valimaki/Fox/Dube can all go in after Jankowski, in any order, without being really questionable.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I think Parsons/Gillies/Kylington/Andersson/Valimaki/Fox/Dube can all go in after Jankowski, in any order, without being really questionable.

I see two groups.

1-4 (Jankowski, Parsons, Andersson, Valimaki)

Then there is another group of 7ish players that aren't far behind the first group and could still turn out to be our top player down the road. (Fox, Kylington, Gillies, Kulak, Mangiapane, Foo, Dube)

And then a few more decent guys behind that (Ollas-Mattson, Phillips, Klimchuk, Wotherspoon, Poirier) who could potentially be something.

I usually find ranking them pretty easy. Not this year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad