NCAA GDT: 2017 Bowl Season

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Obligatory **** Nick Saban post.

You're still a dick for leaving the Dolphins high and dry and i hope Georgia kicks your teeth in (i know better though lol)

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Alabama's defense and special teams controlled the game. Clemson's defense answered the bell but the offense couldn't do anything.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Nobody doubted Alabama could win it all really. But they shouldn’t have made it in

Much like Ohio in 2015, they shouldn't have made it. But ESPN is jumping for joy.

I'll take Georgia in the NCG. Said a month ago that OU-UGA winner takes it all, I'll stick with that.

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
I don’t know how Michigan is paying both OC’s a $1M for this ****. Harbaugh really needs to update that offense. It’s behind the times.
Trust me, we've been calling for OC Drevno's head for the last 2 seasons, the problem is Harbaugh & Drevno are too close, and have been everywhere together. Drevno is beyond useless as an OC, and everybody can see it, except Harbaugh. While in the meantime, the team suffers because nothing is ever fixed, and is repeated.

Bring back Jedd Fisch, I say.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Everyone in the SEC does, it’s obviously a calculated maneuver by the entire conference.
Saban really started the trend. It was one of the first things he got done after taking over was to schedule a cupcake every year before the Iron Bowl. Smart when you consider that the game is more often than not the SEC Championship semi-final.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Saban really started the trend. It was one of the first things he got done after taking over was to schedule a cupcake every year before the Iron Bowl. Smart when you consider that the game is more often than not the SEC Championship semi-final.

I don't know if it was Spurrier but Florida would schedule a cupcake early before Tennessee, a bye before Georgia and either a bye or cupcake before FSU. They would never leave the state for an out of conference game either. Their schedule was set up for 10 wins a year with ease.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Alabama does schedule good opponents to begin the year, though. All 3 of their OOC opponents at the start of the year went to bowl games.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I just wish that they'd go to at least an eight team playoff already. For all intents and purposes, there's nothing that Central Florida could've done to get into the playoffs this year, despite going undefeated and even beating teams that beat other teams.

I stand by that being a fundamental flaw in the college football playoffs. If you win a major conference of if you are a midmajor and win out, you have an argument to deserve a shot at a national title.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad