Speculation: 2017 - 2018 Roster Discussion - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Wouldn't you expect scouts from several teams at any given NHL game? It is the job of pro scouts to scout pro games, isn't it? I'm not being a smart ass. I don't really know how it works.
Just seeing a list means little. Yes, scouts watch games all the time. Does that scouts' team play one of the teams in the near future? Was he in that location for another game? For a regional meeting? Maybe watching a junior game? Are there pending free agents on either team? Lots of factors.

It is more interesting when scouts show up in a location away from the major hubs to watch a team they are not playing for a long while (or have finished playing them for the season).

BigDoaner

Jun 2, 2015
Two scouts from Tampa at our game.

Now, I haven’t seen very much of Brayden Point; is he a #1 center? He’s also a right shot!

I know OEL is “untouchable”

But....

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Wouldn't you expect scouts from several teams at any given NHL game? It is the job of pro scouts to scout pro games, isn't it? I'm not being a smart ass. I don't really know how it works.
Yeah but why scout us if not for a trade? It's not like you have to send scouts to know how to beat us, all you have to do is show up and try for about 10 minutes and you'll win.

Reactions: _Del_

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Howden is a guy I’d target. Moose Jaw is my pick to win Memorial Cup. Big team.

Big fan of Howden’s. But can he be a top C?

Also on the topic of centers. Brassard’s name is back out there. Could be an interesting add if the price makes sense. If we can’t get a top centre, let’s roll three No. 2 centres.

Stepan
Brassard
Dvorak

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

Also on the topic of centers. Brassard’s name is back out there. Could be an interesting add if the price makes sense. If we can’t get a top centre, let’s roll three No. 2 centres.

Stepan
Brassard
Dvorak

I see no need for a player like Brassard, I would rather give Strome a decent shot. I know you want more vets, I want less. IF we add a vet or two, they better be better than what we have and one of our vets have to be included in such deal.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Raddish+1st for Hjalmarsson
If we draft 2-4 and take a winger and given we already have Fisher, Keller, Perlini amongst our wings, where would you project Raddysh on our roster in next 7-10 years? Best case scenario 3rd liner? This is why I maintain if we are making a move it absolutely has to be a long term replacement at D or a C.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site

Stepan
Brassard
Dvorak
Domi + for Brassard?

I like Howden. Don't think he's a 1C but as a 2/3 I like him. He's Strome insurance.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
We've been scouting Ottawa a lot as well.

Brassard's contract is a nice cheater for Barroway. 5 mil cap but 3.5 mil cash.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Whacky Willy's Crazy Car Yard:

Domi to OTT for Brassard (rebuild on the fly for OTT)

Hamilton+5th to SJS for Boedker+2nd (SJS only shot at dumping that contract)

Strome+Rieder+2nd+Schenn
To CAR for Faulk/Pesce+A.Miller+P.Samuelsson (CAR is drowning in D and need that 1C of the future - this is a long shot - haha - we get a couple of AHL guys for Tucson)

Keller-Brassard-Fischer
Perlini-Stepan-Boedker
Martinook-Dvorak-Panik
Cousins-Richardson-Archi
Rinaldo

OEL-Hjalmarsson
Goligoski-Faulk/Pesce
Chychrun-Demers
Connauton

Raanta
Wedgie

Last edited:

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Adding a 1st best center and a 2nd best D would have that effect, huh? Dumb, and short-sighted trades, sure. But that line-up is obviously leaps and bounds ahead of what we have now.

That was the thinking of the past. Be average enough to make the playoffs and get smoked in the 1st round. No thanks. I'd rather they lose until there's enough talent drafted to build a consistent contender. I've seen enough and spent enough money on a boring product who's goal is to be average. I won't take free tickets to see that again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad