Speculation: 2017 - 2018 Roster Discussion - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Im fine with keeping the roster as is with the exception of upgrading Panik to a C/W type (love the Smith idea). Bring up Strome and Crouse. Need a 6/7 D too. I've said it before and I will say it again, best offseason move after signing Rantaa would be to blast McLean to the moon/sun in place of kConn. If this team could produce on the PP we would be set.

Next year Dvo needs to be a 40+ C, Fischer and Perlini in that 20-25 goal range and Domi and Keller and the other side of 60 points and we have a shot at the playoffs. Players who become stagnent should become available.

Reactions: Conor Clancey

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
If we look at the old addage that one builds a team from the Goalie out, we have the Goalie, we have the defense, we have the 4th line with Richie, Nook and Cousins. We now need to build 3rd line and 2nd line next year, and 1st line the season after. Voila! (means flush toilet in French)

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
If we look at the old addage that one builds a team from the Goalie out, we have the Goalie, we have the defense, we have the 4th line with Richie, Nook and Cousins. We now need to build 3rd line and 2nd line next year, and 1st line the season after. Voila! (means flush toilet in French)

I think we need a third line.

Keller - Stepan - Perlini
Domi - Dvorak - Fischer
Crouse - Strome - Panik???
Martinook - Richardson - Cousins

Reactions: Muppet

DoanStopBelievin

Oct 6, 2017
I think that draft choice 1 through 4 make the team. I see Merkely making the team and Strome making the team. 3 rooks. No more. Of course, my hope is that we land Tkachuk. We need a heavy playing, highly skilled ass hole that other teams hate to face.
Cheers to this

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Would anyone be opposed to a one way $1Million per multi year deal for KEL as a nice sweetener to keep OEL's actual contract more in line with his comparable? It's all escrow free as well. Am I thinking too far out of the box? Who cares if he's buried in Tucson.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
It also smacks of circumvention, and doesn't lower our actual dollars paid, and we actually need cap regardless, so I'm not sure what it really accomplishes toward our end goal. Does OEL want more money, or does he want his brother to have more money?
We already did them both a solid. Why hand out a multi year deal to KEL?

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
It also smacks of circumvention, and doesn't lower our actual dollars paid, and we actually need cap regardless, so I'm not sure what it really accomplishes toward our end goal. Does OEL want more money, or does he want his brother to have more money?
We already did them both a solid. Why hand out a multi year deal to KEL?
If OEL suggests it I'm all for it. Allows a creative any to shelter some $ from escrow and would be a way to pay the family some cash during the next potential lockout. Circumvention? Prove it. He's a AHL d getting paid to play in AHL. He won't be first player to receive a larger guaranteed wage in A. I do agree it hurts our ability to hit floor. I'm just brainstorming.

Mosby

Ready for Yeti
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Some fun stats:

Duclair, with the Coyotes this season: 0.45 points per game
Duclair, with the Blackhawks this season: 0.35 points per game

Domi, before the Duclair trade: 0.44 points per game
Domi, after the Duclair trade: 0.52 points per game

Reactions: doaner

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Some fun stats:

Duclair, with the Coyotes this season: 0.45 points per game
Duclair, with the Blackhawks this season: 0.35 points per game

Domi, before the Duclair trade: 0.44 points per game
Domi, after the Duclair trade: 0.52 points per game
Nothing makes sense. Nothing means anything. Cats and dogs living together.

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
What’s our record since tanner doesn’t cover us anymore on hockeybuzz? It’s gotta be high!
Quickly checked on NHL.com so excuse my mistakes but....
Coyotes; 10-7-4
Blackhawks; 7-14-2
Since January 10th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->