Speculation: 2017 - 2018 Roster Discussion - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

pylon17

Jan 19, 2017
I think Stars fans would rightly argue they need a winger but they've already got a bunch that are Rieder-esque. That said, he's RFA, should be a really good fit, a good bet to get his groove back in Dallas, would be a Hitchcock dream, and Honka is having trouble carving out a spot, and it won't get any easier with Heiskanen on the way next season. It's a deal I could see happening, and Stars fans hating. It's not a deal I could see Stars fans liking as a proposal.

As a Rieder fan, why would he be a Hitchcock favorite?

pylon17

Jan 19, 2017
very responsible away from the puck. Swiss army knife guy, fast as hell. Can't shoot the puck very well, only downside

Speed is still an asset? Above average? Dynasty league owner is why I ask. Rootin for him. FYI I also have Goose and Panik (31 team league) - bc I bet you were just dying to know lol.

Reactions: RABBIT

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
It just keeps coming for Antti Raanta...

Get 2 cats. Problem solved. (in ahwatukee 20 years ago, I'd see a scorpion about every 3-4 months, and finally broke down and called a pest control the night I saw 2 in one night...he said "only two? all your neighbors are infested")

In my current house, I've only seen 1 in 6 years - the one that woke me up by stinging my arm while hiding in my pillow.

Reactions: AZviaNJ

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
Speed is still an asset? Above average? Dynasty league owner is why I ask. Rootin for him. FYI I also have Goose and Panik (31 team league) - bc I bet you were just dying to know lol.

Rieder is still very fast, maybe lost a step after recent injury, but still probably one of the top 20 skaters in the Western Conference. For sure above average

Reactions: brhymes19

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Rieder is a fast, smart, defensively sound winger that should never go near a first scoring line. He is a v. good 3rd line RW that can play 2nd line if the other 2 forwards are good offensively.

Reactions: brhymes19

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Perlini - Stepan - Keller
Domi - Dvorak - Fischer
Cousins - Strome - Merkley
Crouse - Richardson - Rinaldo
Ex; Archibald
I don't want Rinaldo anywhere near this team next year. I'm not knocking him as a person, rather the player.

Reactions: Mosby

Antonche

Jan 13, 2015
Russia, Siberia.
Perlini - Stepan - Keller
Domi - Dvorak - Fischer
Cousins - Strome - Merkley
Crouse - Richardson - Rinaldo
Ex; Archibald

Perlini - Stepan - Keller (nice)
Domi - Dvorak - Fischer (nice)
Crouse - Strome - Panik (new line, where Panik could play left and Archibald on the right side)
Martinook - Richardson - Cousins (our best line aka sticky line)

OEL - Demers
Chychrun - Hjalmarsson
K'conn/Hickey - Goligoski (but GoGo can be move on the left side if we aquired RHD, which would better Schenn. Fingers crossed on Dahlin)

Raanta/Kuemper

Bandit34

Jul 23, 2007
HFBoards
Perlini - Stepan - Keller (nice)
Domi - Dvorak - Fischer (nice)
Crouse - Strome - Panik (new line, where Panik could play left and Archibald on the right side)
Martinook - Richardson - Cousins (our best line aka sticky line)

OEL - Demers
Chychrun - Hjalmarsson
K'conn/Hickey - Goligoski (but GoGo can be move on the left side if we aquired RHD, which would better Schenn. Fingers crossed on Dahlin)

Raanta/Kuemper

No offense, but this is almost identical to the last place team we had this year. What are the expectations next year for this team?

I know people will say its auspicious that the young guys improve but look how Domi and Duclair turned out after 3 years.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
No offense, but this is almost identical to the last place team we had this year. What are the expectations next year for this team?

I know people will say its auspicious that the young guys improve but look how Domi and Duclair turned out after 3 years.
Fourth year of a rebuild should mean playoffs. If not, another disappointing year. The young guns learned on the job this year which is good considering what has transpired.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I think that draft choice 1 through 4 make the team. I see Merkely making the team and Strome making the team. 3 rooks. No more. Of course, my hope is that we land Tkachuk. We need a heavy playing, highly skilled ass hole that other teams hate to face.

Reactions: Conor Clancey

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Is Chychrun a legit top 4 now? He hasnt been as consistant as I would have hoped this year and the offense hasnt been as dazzling. I dont doubt that he will be a solid top 4 with time, but his trajectory has been a little bit bumpier this year than I had hoped. Curious what others think.

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
I don't want Rinaldo anywhere near this team next year. I'm not knocking him as a person, rather the player.
I actually don't think Rinaldo's been a terrible player for us this year. As long as RT doesn't put him in the top 9, I think he can be beneficial for this team. On a year to year contract, I don't think he's gonna hurt the team as a whole. Provides some protection for the younger guys.

Reactions: Lilhoody

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Is Chychrun a legit top 4 now? He hasnt been as consistant as I would have hoped this year and the offense hasnt been as dazzling. I dont doubt that he will be a solid top 4 with time, but his trajectory has been a little bit bumpier this year than I had hoped. Curious what others think.
Chychrun is fine, considering he came off an injury and the team in general has played like crap most of the year.

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine

I actually don't hate the line up. They're playing better now and should finish the season strong (as much as I would hate to see that). With a new coach coming in, it's gonna take some time to gel and I honestly think that with the experience this team is getting this year, guys like Fischer, Keller, Perlini, Dvorak, we could be dangerous next year.
Also, Raanta's injury to begin the year really derailed the whole season, and the fact that Domingue had a terrible start to the year didn't help either. With Keumper as the back up, I really think we could be a surprise team next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->