Prospect Info: 2017-2018 Prospect Stats and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

Unsurprisingly, Phil Kemp is part of the american U20 evaluation camp for the WJC this summer. Probably has a decent shot at making the team this coming season.

He was the last cut at the WJC last year too. Might have something there

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
1. Yamamoto
2. Bear
3. Jones
4. Skinner
5. Benson
6. Maksimov
7. Lagesson
8. Safin
9. Berglund
10. Marody
11. Samorukov
12: Hebig
13. Gambardella
14. Russell
15. Vesel

I like your list. I have seen Saifin play . He has great hands and plays off wing . I would rate him higher. Marody is a wild card as well. For the Oilers to succed, hopefully Bear and Jones are good

Reactions: HailMcJesus

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
I live 1.5 hrs from Halifax and they are hosting the Mem Cup. I’m willing to bet he gets traded to Halifax next year. Halifax has 4 players rated in the top 30 (Zadina, Giroux, macIssac, Gravel). I think all players will be back with Halifax. I actually think Zadina will slip outta top 3
That would definitely be the ideal place for him to go. Gravel isnt rated in the top 30 though...

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
1. Evan Bouchard
2. Kailer Yamamoto
3. Ethan Bear
4. Ryan McLeod
5. Tyler Benson
6. Stuart Skinner
7. Caleb Jones
8. Ostap Safin
9. Olivier Rodrigue
10. Kirill Maksimov

Updated top 10?

oilynutz

Dec 30, 2007
Forward-
Yamamoto
Maxsimov
McLeod
Benson
Safin
Marody
Gambardella
Russell
Mcphee
Rasanen

Defence
Bouchard
Bear
Samorukov
Berglund
Jones
Lagesson
Kemp
Marino

Goalie
Skinner
Rodrigue
Hawkey
Starrett
Wellsb

Reactions: Aerchon

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I'd have it

1 Bouchard
2 Yamamoto
3 McLeod
4 Benson
5 Bear

Wildcard is Cooper Morody because I think he might be a guy who pushes for a spot right out of camp.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I'd have it

1 Bouchard
2 Yamamoto
3 McLeod
4 Benson
5 Bear

Wildcard is Cooper Morody because I think he might be a guy who pushes for a spot right out of camp.

I'm really interested in Morody as well. Do we have a mini Maroon here? Our cupboards are starting to stock up. I think Keith Gretzky is a big part of that. What do we have in McLeod?

Reactions: AVE MAN

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017
I have Bouchard and McLeod as 1-2 in our prospect rankings, Yammer and McLeod is a toss up though

I probably have it 1. Bouchard, 2. Yamamoto, 3. Bear, 4. McLeod, 5. Maksimov and so on. Bear is ranked higher because he is a good puck mover on the cusp of making the Oilers. If not this coming season, the next.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
What's everyone think of our draft haul? I'm concerned about the # of goalies we have now but they can be traded down the road. Hopefully between Skinner and Rodergue, we have something

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
What's everyone think of our draft haul? I'm concerned about the # of goalies we have now but they can be traded down the road. Hopefully between Skinner and Rodergue, we have something
I wouldn't be concerned. They actually have the goalie prospects staggered quite well in their development, and theres actually room for them to add a European goalie in next draft if they want.

Reactions: Oilers in NS

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I'm really interested in Morody as well. Do we have a mini Maroon here? Our cupboards are starting to stock up. I think Keith Gretzky is a big part of that. What do we have in McLeod?
Honestly I couldn't give you anything for certain. I know he doesn't play as high risk a game as his brother does, but he's got hands and speed. He's usually in a secondary role on that roster. The opportunities I've had to see him, my attention is usually drawn to the high picks on that team like Mike McLeod, Owen Tippet and Nic Hague. This year will definitely be an opportunity for him to take the reins and establish himself as an offensive force in the OHL if he has it in him.

Reactions: Oilers in NS

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Honestly I couldn't give you anything for certain. I know he doesn't play as high risk a game as his brother does, but he's got hands and speed. He's usually in a secondary role on that roster. The opportunities I've had to see him, my attention is usually drawn to the high picks on that team like Mike McLeod, Owen Tippet and Nic Hague. This year will definitely be an opportunity for him to take the reins and establish himself as an offensive force in the OHL if he has it in him.
I see him and Benson in a similar breath, high iq and skill but will never dominate in points and works as a perfect skilled complimentary guy

aspin3

Oct 31, 2017
So, what are we to make that John Marino did not attend development camp last year or this year? Really see big things from him. Also not happy to see Berglund not come this year. Really worrying me that his contract in Sweden ends the same time as the Oilers lose his rights.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
So, what are we to make that John Marino did not attend development camp last year or this year? Really see big things from him. Also not happy to see Berglund not come this year. Really worrying me that his contract in Sweden ends the same time as the Oilers lose his rights.
Berglund said he is going to play the upcoming season in Sweden and then go from there. He has an out clause in his contract so he could leave for North America next spring. The Oilers have his rights until June 1, 2020.

aspin3

Oct 31, 2017
Can Marino and Hawkey financially afford to travel to Edmonton? Or do the NCAA rules allow for teams to fly in college kids?
There are a number of the college kids coming to the development camp as they did last year. They would have to pay their way most likely.

Reactions: oilers'72

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Bouchard
Yamamoto
Jones
Bear
McLeod
Benson
Maksimov
Skinner
Safin
Berglund
Lagasson
Samorukov

MuzzaFuzza

MVP(s)
Apr 20, 2012
Red Deer
Any top 10 without Samorukov on it isn't a top 10 in my eyes.

In your opinion, where do you think Samorukov slots in?

Pretty decent list but Marody at #4 sticks out to me, though he is a lot closer to playing in the NHL than pretty much every other prospect of our's

oilynutz

Dec 30, 2007
I like Samorukov a lot, but who do you take out?

My actual viewings of most of these players are pretty limited. So I may have just seen Samorukov good, but I was a lot more impressed with him then Safin. Had trouble choosing who I liked more when I compared him to Jones. So I would put him 5 or 6 and bump Safin to 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad