2017/18 World Junior Championship U20

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
Maltsev is more offensively gifted than I figured. Nice zone entry on the power play, showed some speed. Plays the high slot on the power play, he’s set up for a rebound but it seems weird. Had some nice plays in his own zone too. Was one of Russia’s better players imo.

Zaitsev looks like a solid two way guy. Showed some good defensive awareness but has a pretty good shot and was involved in the power play too. Didn’t stand out a ton but had a positive period.

The Russian powerplay is awful. Looked just terrible.

I thought Chytil was the best player that period. Him and Necas stood out more than anyone.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
Maltsev is more offensively gifted than I figured. Nice zone entry on the power play, showed some speed. Plays the high slot on the power play, he’s set up for a rebound but it seems weird. Had some nice plays in his own zone too. Was one of Russia’s better players imo.

Zaitsev looks like a solid two way guy. Showed some good defensive awareness but has a pretty good shot and was involved in the power play too. Didn’t stand out a ton but had a positive period.

The Russian powerplay is awful. Looked just terrible.

I thought Chytil was the best player that period. Him and Necas stood out more than anyone.

Yeah I feel about the same. The PP looks sooooo bad. I have no idea who came up with that garbage.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Main board hyping up Chytil as a superstar and I even read some "best player from the draft" comments. Never change HF, never change.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Main board hyping up Chytil as a superstar and I even read some "best player from the draft" comments. Never change HF, never change.

Very easy to make those comments when a prospect is playing in a u20 tournament. Nico was arguably the best player in the entire tournament at 17 years old. Given the things that he does at the nhl level against top competition, I can't imagine what he would do this year. Pettersson will also likely light up the world juniors. Not to take anything away from Chytil who looks like a fantastic pick by the Rangers, but claims that he was the best player in the draft is ludicrous at this point.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Very easy to make those comments when a prospect is playing in a u20 tournament. Nico was arguably the best player in the entire tournament at 17 years old. Given the things that he does at the nhl level against top competition, I can't imagine what he would do this year. Pettersson will also likely light up the world juniors. Not to take anything away from Chytil who looks like a fantastic pick by the Rangers, but claims that he was the best player in the draft is ludicrous at this point.
Of course it's ludicrous, Hischier is playing in the NHL and producing at a 0.6 points/game rate at 18. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad