2017/18 World Junior Championship U20

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
The last few years of drafting have certainly added some skill to the pipeline. Can’t wait to see how the boys do.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Zetterlund and Walsh aren't guaranteed to be on their respective rosters.

There seems to be a good chance Walsh is there by early reports, but Zetterlund is hard to project. If Buffalo releases Nylander, I have a hard time seeing Zetterlund for Sweden.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Always one of my favorite tournaments. Can't wait to see what our young guys can do.

Would love to see Mikey make a statement this year.
I've only come around too it in the last 2-3 years, but it is good fun. International hockey in general, from men and women is great.

Reactions: Billdo

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
I'm really considering taking off to go to the USA Canada game at New Era Field. That game is going to be an awesome atmosphere. And it will be cold as f***

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I'm really considering taking off to go to the USA Canada game at New Era Field.

Just saw the schedule and saw that Canada comes into that game rested, whereas we come in on a back-2-back (and 16 hours rather than 24 to boot).

Cue the usual Canada WJC conspiracy theories.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Just saw the schedule and saw that Canada comes into that game rested, whereas we come in on a back-2-back (and 16 hours rather than 24 to boot).

Cue the usual Canada WJC conspiracy theories.

Didn't even notice that, that's horrible scheduling

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
Zetterlund and Walsh aren't guaranteed to be on their respective rosters.

There seems to be a good chance Walsh is there by early reports, but Zetterlund is hard to project. If Buffalo releases Nylander, I have a hard time seeing Zetterlund for Sweden.

Zetterlund is the player I'm intrigued by because I know little of him except he's suppose to be a shooter. Hope he make it.

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
I'm really considering taking off to go to the USA Canada game at New Era Field. That game is going to be an awesome atmosphere. And it will be cold as ****
I hate everything about it. Completely taking away a home ice advantage, conditions will be terrible and New Era Field is an irrelevant stadium.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Zetterlund is the player I'm intrigued by because I know little of him except he's suppose to be a shooter. Hope he make it.

Devils had a nice piece on their website about each player in the running for a WJ spot. Sweden's coach complimented Zetterlund as a power forward shooter that can do it all.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I hate everything about it. Completely taking away a home ice advantage, conditions will be terrible and New Era Field is an irrelevant stadium.

Are you somehow insinuating that our "home ice" being less than 6 miles from Canada's largest population center (Ontario) could have an effect?

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
Watching these international games with fringe hockey countries like Belarus or Latvia involved always helps me appreciate the parity we have in the NHL. Even the Coyotes aren't losing games 14-0. Talk about no chance at all.

Props to the kids from countries like Belarus for just showing up, knowing how bad it's going to be.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey

When USA plays Canada, it's easily going to be 90% Canadian fans. Maybe not so much due to the outdoor game due to it being more of a spectacle.

That was the crowd last time these games were in Buffalo. Just skip to :50 when Canada scores first.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I'm thinking Jesper Boqvist will be the best player for us in this tourney.

He's just coming back from a broken wrist so he may not be up to speed yet.
But I have very high hopes for him.

And Walsh too.

I was never that excited with Speers after watching him in the WJC and that brief stint up with us.
He was overrated by a lot of our fans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad