2017/18 World Junior Championship U20

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
Zaitsev have been confirmed as Team Russia captain, Maltsev will be one of the alternates.

Thanks Caser.

Rykov, Maltsev and Zaitsev is a pretty good combination of prospects in Russia. I’m surprised how much credibility Maltsev has. Maybe there’s more there than I thought. Excited to see what he can do offensively.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
and remember, that doesn't even count Hischier or Bratt who would certainly be there if they werent with NJ

Rykov was also there last year and was a PPG player IIRC

BomaLightDevils

Jan 15, 2011
Copenhagen
Stand out tournament for Jesper B is my prediction, though I can easily see Anderson or even McLeod end up as the best Devil in the tourney.

I'm right here with you on this one I think Boqvists is eager to show what he can do at this level. He's playing so well in the SHL after coming back and all reports on him is that he oozes skill, speed and he's playmaking is phenomenal. He playing top6 and the power play so the chance is right in front of him. He's on top of that extremely fresh and highly motivated. A good start were Sweden is the dominating team in the group with a lot of weaker teams.

Mcloed could be playing in the exact role in team canada as he could get in the next season as a devil. Is he the top PK guy?

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Anyone have the times for the games today?

I see it now. CZE vs RUS at 12:00

Last edited:

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
Anyone know if you can watch this anywhere in the US or online (legally)?

With so many prospects I may try and catch more games then normal.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
It’s all on nhl network if anyone is interested. The US doesn’t play till 8 tonight. I love that almost every game has a Devils prospect to watch.

Reactions: Devil X

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
Excited to get a look at Maltseva and Zaitsev. Hard to watch these guys usually so it’ll be cool to see them and Rykov was a standout last year so it will definitely be neat.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
The Sweden game at 2 isn't on TV in Canada either, which is strange since they are showing almost every game of this tournament on TSN.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad