GDT: 2017-18 Training Camp and Preseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I'm gonna start a poll...

Will Duchene crack a smile at anytime during this season.

Yes
No

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Going to hurt that much more when we all demand he gets sent to the press box after watching him for 5 or so games.

I think we will enjoy his exuberance for 10-15 games before we are ready to lynch.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
Nemo looks like the kid who wants to join the conversation but isn't sure how.

Avsblitzkrieg

May 1, 2016
Westminster
By the way, does anyone, after seeing Duchene's mental state today, still think he'll enter the season, if he's still here, 'fired up'? I've been saying for months his value will plummet if he steps foot on ice for the Avs in the regular season - he wants out, he's unmotivated here, and he's mentally done. The guy, according to Chambers, was shaking. Hopefully the stupid narravtive of, "his value might go up when he performs well!", will die now. Sakic has to get this one over with, or it's going downhill for everyone in a big way.
You do realize people shake sometimes when there mad right? He looked fired up when he had that interview the way he stomped off ... His body language read pissed the **** off

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Wow, Gretzky was in tears in his presser when he was traded from Edmonton. People slandered his new wife saying it was her fault. He goes to LA and changed hockey from a niche sport to a US passion.

Duchene's situation is nothing compared to that. "He's shaking in an interview!!" What a frickin wimp ass.

Hockey is a business. You chose it. You've been coddled and pampered your whole career being the star for every team you've skated for. Poor Matt. He's been so mistreated!! I have a hard time fathoming the amount of emotional insecurity that keeps getting tossed around here. Buck up Matt. You have 2 years left on your contract. Use them to enhance your position.

No way the Avalanche are ever going to win another Stanley Cup with players with that kind of weak emotional and mental state. And its easy to see why other teams won't meet Sakics asking price. Duchene's probably not worth it.....(Blame Joe for not recognizing that reality.)

But when Duchene says he reported because of the fans.......What a bunch of garbage...... He's here today because he is under contract. At least he has the integrity and common sense to honor it.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Wow, Gretzky was in tears in his presser when he was traded from Edmonton. People slandered his new wife saying it was her fault. He goes to LA and changed hockey from a niche sport to a US passion.

Duchene's situation is nothing compared to that. "He's shaking in an interview!!" What a frickin wimp ass.

Hockey is a business. You chose it. You've been coddled and pampered your whole career being the star for every team you've skated for. Poor Matt. He's been so mistreated!! I have a hard time fathoming the amount of emotional insecurity that keeps getting tossed around here. Buck up Matt. You have 2 years left on your contract. Use them to enhance your position.

No way the Avalanche are ever going to win another Stanley Cup with players with that kind of weak emotional and mental state. And its easy to see why other teams won't meet Sakics asking price. Duchene's probably not worth it.....(Blame Joe for not recognizing that reality.)

But when Duchene says he reported because of the fans.......What a bunch of garbage...... He's here today because he is under contract. At least he has the integrity and common sense to honor it.

Well you have the bolded right

For the record Varly and Bernier both have the same enthusiastic face as Duchene so I'm guessing they had the players do different faces to look tough/happy depending on the situation where the Avs want to use them /Buzzkilington

Surprised I haven't seen anyone photoshop Duchene's head on Jost then change the sign to the "help me" or whatever.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
This whole "shaking" thing. Maybe it was chilly?

I mean ill believe that before buying into him shaking out of ...anger?, sadness?, lol , its actually pretty ridiculous to think he was even doing that.

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
This whole "shaking" thing. Maybe it was chilly?

I mean ill believe that before buying into him shaking out of ...anger?, sadness?, lol , its actually pretty ridiculous to think he was even doing that.

You have never been nervous in your life eh?

He knew he was coming into an awkward situation so of course he was gonna be on edge.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
Well you have the bolded right

For the record Varly and Bernier both have the same enthusiastic face as Duchene so I'm guessing they had the players do different faces to look tough/happy depending on the situation where the Avs want to use them /Buzzkilington

Surprised I haven't seen anyone photoshop Duchene's head on Jost then change the sign to the "help me" or whatever.

Why would we want to place Duchene's head on Jost's body? We are talking about former league captains and top prospects here. Our younger players like Kerfoot, Compher and Jost could only help Duchene mentally.
Some cultures like German, Russian type players just have that kind of facial expression, it does not mean that Avs management are trying to tell them to put on happy face.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I find the Duchene photo funny more than anything. Is he annoyed to still be here? Probably. But a lot of guys have a similar stoic face, it very well could just be nothing but considering the situation I can see why people would make the connection of 'Oh look how mad he is'.

Last edited:

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
Where the **** is the training camp roster?

20170914_123911-576x1024.jpg

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Some cultures like German, Russian type players just have that kind of facial expression, it does not mean that Avs management are trying to tell them to put on happy face.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Those are stereotypically the two most serious cultures in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad