GDT: 2017-18 Training Camp and Preseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Duchene has been the one extensively shopped. Landy and Barrie's (and even Varly's) names have shown up, but their names have mostly come up in teams approaching the Avs. Duchene's name has been put out there by the Avs.

That said, everybody else has handled this better. Even when it comes to trade requests, others have handled it better.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
What in the hell were they thinking posting that picture of Duchene...

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Come on, that Duchene picture is hilarious. We need some laughs at a time like this.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I can't even look at or listen to the guy anymore without getting instantly annoyed, so I feel you there.

But yeah I laughed at that Dutchy photo.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Duchene has been the one extensively shopped. Landy and Barrie's (and even Varly's) names have shown up, but their names have mostly come up in teams approaching the Avs. Duchene's name has been put out there by the Avs.

That said, everybody else has handled this better. Even when it comes to trade requests, others have handled it better.

I think the media has definitely blown up Duchene's situation more.

But omg shut the front door.. We agree (kind of) on something? lol

I'm not saying Sakic hasn't handled it like a stubborn stupid head by any means though. For as much as Sakic won't comment on stuff, hes commented too much at the wrong times obviously.

So is it ok to worry about Z situation now? Im actually starting to hate Joe Sakic. A weird feeling indeed. Fresh start to the season my foote.

Meh.. Forsberg, Foote, and Duke were my faves anyways lol.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I think the media has definitely blown up Duchene's situation more.

But omg shut the front door.. We agree (kind of) on something? lol

I'm not saying Sakic hasn't handled it like a stubborn stupid head by any means though. For as much as Sakic won't comment on stuff, hes commented too much at the wrong times obviously.

bTxKS2P.gif

I think Duchene being in the media more (before the last deadline) has been more of a response to his name simply being out there more. This summer and now though... the leaks are coming from somebody in the situation, the no-show to the golf tournament was on purpose, today's media scrum was on purpose,etc.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Matt legit looks like a man whose been cat fished in that pic lol. Dear god Sakic u incompetent **** trade him already.

He looks like a hostage. Too bad it wasn't one of those pictures where they have to hold up their name on a sign. Could've made for some fun photoshop opportunities.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Maybe the attitude won't be we are on crazy pills for not just assuming things will get done as they should anymore. It's pretty tough to trust and give the benefit of the doubt.

Yup. I dont think my anxiety when it comes to contract time has been alleviated by this. Only made worse. The PTSD from ROR hasnt gone away and the Z situation makes it worse im afraid. Over pay Stuart, Francois but cant find some compromise with Z. Its a ****in joke.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I will always be an Avalanche fan....however, I'm looking forward to following the entire league this year rather than the AVs games. In fact, after the season opener I will probably not watch the AVs much live at all. Will watch some of the games y'all recommend as good performances for the kids after they get loaded in the archives of NHL.tv.

I'm just entirely too burned out by this "management" group to invest that much time or emotions into the AVs right now. My passion has always been hockey first, AVs second...that's what made putting up with the lockouts tolerable. I'm hoping it will make the future season good as well.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
There was no Letter on EJ's jersey.

Looks like the 2nd A is still up for grabs.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
I will always be an Avalanche fan....however, I'm looking forward to following the entire league this year rather than the AVs games. In fact, after the season opener I will probably not watch the AVs much live at all. Will watch some of the games y'all recommend as good performances for the kids after they get loaded in the archives of NHL.tv.

I'm just entirely too burned out by this "management" group to invest that much time or emotions into the AVs right now. My passion has always been hockey first, AVs second...that's what made putting up with the lockouts tolerable. I'm hoping it will make the future season good as well.

Yeah, I think I'm more interested in seeing how Druin does in Montreal, how the Vegas team looks, and stuff like that than I am the Avs.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I'm still excited for the season. I wanna see how Jost, MacKinnon, Rantanen, Compher do. And how/if Varly bounces back with his long time goalie coach.

And Zadorov, but....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad