Hedman - Strålman
Koekkoek/Sergachev - Girardi
Coburn - Dotchin
Sustr

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Don't think we'll see Gourde in the top 6, but I didn't mean to omit him entirely from my lineup. We have a lot of players on 1 way contracts.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Don't think we'll see Gourde in the top 6, but I didn't mean to omit him entirely from my lineup. We have a lot of players on 1 way contracts.

It's all about spreading the scoring for me, and trying to re-unite the Killorn-Callahan pairing. I could also see Conacher on that Palat/Johnson line if he plays well this preseason, there's a history there. I think Cooper likes Gourde a lot, and put him with Drouin for a reason.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Well he got married so off-season training probably isn't a priority right now.

Yup. And Hedman is getting married in Sweden this Saturday, July 22nd. According to an interview Strålman gave to the Swedish press after Worlds, it's gonna be "a huge party." :laugh:

So both Heddy and Stammer are going to have memorable off seasons that might just slightly impact their off season training schedules. ;)

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Yup. And Hedman is getting married in Sweden this Saturday, July 22nd. According to an interview Strålman gave to the Swedish press after Worlds, it's gonna be "a huge party." :laugh:

So both Heddy and Stammer are going to have memorable off seasons that might just slightly impact their off season training schedules. ;)

In the hockey world, players summers spend a lot of time at weddings, given the seasonal aspect of the industry. Since that's the norm for this time of year, I wouldn't expect it to really affect their performance.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
In the hockey world, players summers spend a lot of time at weddings, given the seasonal aspect of the industry. Since that's the norm for this time of year, I wouldn't expect it to really affect their performance.

Ah, a very good point! As a teacher, I'm definitely familiar with the 'do all the fun things in the summer' aspect of a seasonal profession. :laugh:

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
The real year of a hockey player is divided into two seasons, hockey season and wedding season.

I doubt it will affect them though but hey, Stammer probably spent most of last summer working out after the blood clot cleared and then last season happened, maybe this will bring him better luck? Also Kuch got married last summer or the summer before and didn’t affect him what so ever.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
We are starting to get some season previews. They stuck to just most of the big ticket items but I agree with what they did talk about.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Welp, I just put that Callahan thread on ignore. Taking the high road on this one. I Hope and pray he proves everyone wrong. Especially on HF.

Last edited:

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Jeez dude you need to avoid anything Callahan related, the guy in that thread gave a very tame response.

High term and length, plus an injury history that he may or may not come back from and he's on the wrong side of 30. Hasn't had a productive season in 3 years.

Could he bounce back? Sure, but there's not another team out there that would be willing to take that risk. Tampa would have to unload assets AND retain salary at this point in order to move that contract, which makes it one of the worst in the league right now. If Callahan starts to produce again it may not look as bad, but that's a big IF at the moment.

If you can't handle that type of response you probably shouldn't be in discussion considering that's all true.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Jeez dude you need to avoid anything Callahan related, the guy in that thread gave a very tame response.

If you can't handle that type of response you probably shouldn't be in discussion considering that's all true.

I consider it a positive that he's yet to threaten to murder anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad