Speculation: 2017-18 Roster Discussion - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrClutch86

Aug 23, 2013
Tampa

LOL yeah dude lets put grinder, injury star Ryan Callahan on his off wing next to our two best forwards. We saw how the Stamkos-Callahan experiment worked out last time, no thanks to that black hole. I'd rather see the dude scratched than hurting our team, sorry to your homer allegiances. i have no problem with the Callahan fanboy thing but lets not pretend that's even 1% a good idea.

Ryan Callahan at LW? haha.
Ryan Callahan on the first line? haha.
Ryan Callahan next to Nikita Kucherov? haha.
Ryan Callahan next to Steven Stamkos? haha.
Ryan Callahan at LW, on the first line, playing with Steven Stamkos and Nikita Kucherov? HAHAHAHAHA

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
LOL yeah dude lets put grinder, injury star Ryan Callahan on his off wing next to our two best forwards. We saw how the Stamkos-Callahan experiment worked out last time, no thanks to that black hole. I'd rather see the dude scratched than hurting our team, sorry to your homer allegiances. i have no problem with the Callahan fanboy thing but lets not pretend that's even 1% a good idea.

Ryan Callahan at LW, on the first line, playing with Steven Stamkos and Nikita Kucherov? HAHAHAHAHA

just having fun I don't except him on the top line and I don't expect him on the 4th line either for that matter. Cat Bowser was referring to the milestone thread and is just a little joke.

Your phone wants you to say it in a New York accent

You have no idea. Lol.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
I agree with this forward group except I don't want Gourde in the top 6 or Conacher playing a 4th line role. Can we just sign Jagr or someone for 2RW please? That is a huge hole.
Namestnikov-Stamkos-Kucherov
Palat-Johnson-Jagr/FA
Killorn-Point-Callahan
Kunitz-Gourde-Paquette
Dumont

Yeah, 2RW is a major problem area for us.

I would make that 3rd line Killorn-Point-Gourde and 4th Kunitz-Dumont-Callahan, personally. Conacher and Paquette as extras, Conacher to replace a top-9 player and Paquette to replace a 4th liner. (Or in case of an injury to, say, Johnson, move up Point to 2c, Gourde to 3C, Cally to 2RW, and Paquette to 4RW)

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Killorn - Namestnikov - Stamkos
Palat - Johnson - Kucherov
Gourde - Point - Callahan
Kunitz - Paquette - Brown
Dumont

Solves your RW issue.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Girardi - Girardi - Girardi

Girardi - Girardi
Girardi - Girardi
Girardi - Girardi

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
I don't usually like to project forward lines 'cause there are so many possibilities and I'm not as comfortable with my understanding their various abilities and roles as I am with defensemen. But what the heck!

Namestnikov - Stamkos - Kucherov
Palat - Johnson - Gourde
Killorn - Point - Callahan
Kunitz - Dumont/Paquette - Brown/Erne/Bournival

Hedman - Strålman
Koekkoek/Sergachev - Girardi
Coburn - Dotchin
Sustr

Training camp is going to be very, very interesting!

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don't usually like to project forward lines 'cause there are so many possibilities and I'm not as comfortable with my understanding their various abilities and roles as I am with defensemen. But what the heck!

Training camp is going to be very, very interesting!

The thing is lines are always changing during the duration of an 82 game season. Injuries happen(especially to this club), and lines go cold. If a player is playing hot then he should get moved up to ignite some of the players who may have gone cold and whatnot . So lines are going to change and nothing is set in stone ,not even TKO.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
The thing is lines are always changing during the duration of an 82 game season. Injuries happen(especially to this club), and lines go cold. If a player is playing hot then he should get moved up to ignite some of the players who may have gone cold and whatnot . So lines are going to change and nothing is set in stone ,not even TKO.

Makes sense. I know Cooper will change lines at the drop of a hat if he sees some going cold as well as the changes forced on him through injuries. I do love TKO together, just am not quite sure how Stammer will fit back in. But it also seems like it can be a good idea to spread out your top scorers such as Kuch and Stammer. Yet sometimes that TKO line is just magic.

Now you see why I don't usually try to predict forward lines. :laugh:

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Palat-Johnson-Conacher
Killorn-Point-Callahan
Kunitz-Dumont-Gourde

Hedman-Dotchin
Koekkoek-Stralman
Coburn-Girardi
Sustr

Kinda weak at RW. I would like to see Erne called up if we are struggling to get scoring from our bottom 9. Give the kid a shot.

Drop Brown and Paquette.

Dotchin with Hedman unless he starts to show he can't handle it. Rather have Koekkoek with Stralman since Stralman is the stronger partner. I feel that a Koekkoek-Girardi pairing is destined to fail.

Last edited:

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Palat-Johnson-Conacher
Killorn-Point-Callahan
Kunitz-Dumont-Gourde

Hedman-Dotchin
Koekkoek-Stralman
Coburn-Girardi
Sustr

Kinda weak at RW. I would like to see Erne called up with we are struggling to get scoring from our bottom 9. Give the kid a shot.

Drop Brown and Paquette.

Dotchin with Hedman unless he starts to show he can't handle it. Rather have Koekkoek with Stralman since Stralman is the stronger partner. I feel that a Koekkoek-Girardi pairing is destined to fail.

Yes to all of this.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I'd like to see Callahan up with Stamkos and Kucherov

throwing rocks

I'd rather see Callahan on the IR than see that happen

priceless

just having fun I don't except him on the top line and I don't expect him on the 4th line either for that matter. Cat Bowser was referring to the milestone thread and is just a little joke.

You have no idea. Lol.

all i got to say is this

if kucherov was *****ing on killorn if they put callahan with him he might quit

just saying

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
all i got to say is this

if kucherov was *****ing on killorn if they put callahan with him he might quit

just saying

Going a little too far with that statement, Robert.

Kucherov does not have a problem with Callahan. In fact, both have a mutual respect for each-other.

It's amazing how all this came from a joke between me and Cat Bowser. lol.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Going a little too far with that statement, Robert.

Kucherov does not have a problem with Callahan. In fact, both have a mutual respect for each-other.

It's amazing how all this came from a joke between me and Cat Bowser. lol.

How do you know this as a fact.....

Callahan fits right in the bill of Kuch's off-season comments guys who are signed long term not pulling their weight and comfortable collecting a paycheck.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Palat-Johnson-Conacher
Killorn-Point-Callahan
Kunitz-Dumont-Gourde

Hedman-Dotchin
Koekkoek-Stralman
Coburn-Girardi
Sustr

Kinda weak at RW. I would like to see Erne called up if we are struggling to get scoring from our bottom 9. Give the kid a shot.

Drop Brown and Paquette.

I like this but man our bottom 6 looks slow as hell. I'd probably have Gourde with Point just to have a 3rd dangerous/energetic line rather than spread out the 2 most creative guys in the bottom-6.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
How do you know this as a fact.....

Callahan fits right in the bill of Kuch's off-season comments guys who are signed long term not pulling their weight and comfortable collecting a paycheck.

You can blame Callahan fof lack of production, but you can't blame him for lack of effort. Dude plays his ass off every single time his skates touch the ice. He hasn't been as productive as he should be given jos contract but you can't blame that on effort. Also he played like 20 games this season so he doesn't really fit into that category. Killorn is the guy you're looking for.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
You can blame Callahan fof lack of production, but you can't blame him for lack of effort. Dude plays his ass off every single time his skates touch the ice. He hasn't been as productive as he should be given jos contract but you can't blame that on effort. Also he played like 20 games this season so he doesn't really fit into that category. Killorn is the guy you're looking for.

Wow, I have Sky on ignore, and just read his post through your quote. Unreal. Dude could not play how can he give an effort or try when he is hurt and not playing? :help: I for one have been disappointed with his production but there has been legit reasons like his health behind it. I still strongly feel with a full camp and pre-season he will be good next season. I know people have their doubts, but it will def be interesting to see what happens.

Anyway, Thanks for taking the thunderbuddying on this one. ;)

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Palat-Johnson-Conacher
Killorn-Point-Callahan
Kunitz-Dumont-Gourde

Hedman-Dotchin
Koekkoek-Stralman
Coburn-Girardi
Sustr

Drop Brown and Paquette.

Koekkoek and Coburn could also work as a pairing, but we've got a log-jam of RHD. I'm pretty uncomfortable with our depth on the left side at the moment.

Who would be our first LHD call-up in the event of an injury?

Last edited:

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

I'm pretty sure it's more than 1 person he was talking about but I don't know that as a fact.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I'm pretty sure it's more than 1 person he was talking about but I don't know that as a fact.

I didn't mean Killorn would be the only one but he definitely fits the description perfectly. Then you can argue who else he could be talking about but Callahan is pretty far from that in my opinion.

Anyway, Thanks for taking the thunderbuddying on this one. ;)

No problem buddy. :laugh:

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I didn't mean Killorn would be the only one but he definitely fits the description perfectly. Then you can argue who else he could be talking about but Callahan is pretty far from that in my opinion.

No problem buddy. :laugh:

No I agree the main culprit was likely Killorn but I'm pretty sure he wasn't the only one, we had some severely overpriced guys producing mediocre to poor results, for a guy like Kuch who took a discount and is extremely productive that probably didn't sit well either. You don't really make that public of a comment for 1 person, a bunch of things probably built up for him to make a statement like that. If Callahan made 1m and did what he did then no reason to get mad, part of the reason he had to take a discount was because of guys with fat contracts like him taking up 6m in capspace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad