Speculation: 2017-18 Roster Discussion - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Nah, Vladdy is an awesome guy at puck retrieval and stickhandling, I'd keep him there. Cally>Killer for PP purposes.

Yeah some valid points on Vladdy, just never though he was a major threat on there. But would certainly prefer Cally on the PP over Killorn no doubt. He is good in front of the net, and can get those pucks in the corners and get them back out to the points.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
I think realistically if he stays healthy which is of course the major question. He can hit anywhere from, 35 to 45 points, especially if Coop gives him some PP time. With Drouin and Filppula gone there are spots available on the PP. Would put him over Vladdy and Killorn on the PP. Think the consensus here agrees with that. If he crashes the net like he used to or even close to it, he is going to pick up some points and help the PP. I think a line of Killorn - Point - Callahan would be very effective on both ends.

Would be awesome if we got that 14-15 Cally back but sadly I don't think it happens. Hip injuries are a kiss of death for guys like him. If we got 30 points and PK help like Rschmitz said coupled with leadership he brings I would be very happy. I always find myself rooting for the team first guys which Cally is.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Would be awesome if we got that 14-15 Cally back but sadly I don't think it happens. Hip injuries are a kiss of death for guys like him. If we got 30 points and PK help like Rschmitz said coupled with leadership he brings I would be very happy. I always find myself rooting for the team first guys which Cally is.

For him to hit those 14-15 numbers would be very hard. He was able to hit around 30 points with a torn hip for most of the season. I think if healthy and gets the opportunities he can hit well over 30 and possibly into the 40 point range. The effort will be there, just have to hope his hip is truly 100%. I still have high hopes, and will keep positive till pre-season and oct rolls around.

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
I think a Conacher-Point-Gourde line could be a lot of fun to watch. I don't think it will happen, but I remember Conacher and Gourde having some chemistry towards the end of last season when Conacher was up for a few games.

I don't think this could happen with our logjam of forwards unless someone was injured anyways, but it's the offseason and my mind is on hockey.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Why are we pretending Conacher is an NHL-quality player? He can fill in for stretches, but if he's on our regular roster we're in trouble.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Why are we pretending Conacher is an NHL-quality player? He can fill in for stretches, but if he's on our regular roster we're in trouble.

Disagree he is far superior to Brown, Paquette, at the very least. I think he will be a surprise solid contributor this year.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I think Conacher could bring nice depth scoring if just gets put in the right place. As said on the 3rd line with Point wouldn't sound too bad for me but a place on the top 9 is not easy to crack for a guy like Conacher

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
I think Conacher could bring nice depth scoring if just gets put in the right place. As said on the 3rd line with Point wouldn't sound too bad for me but a place on the top 9 is not easy to crack for a guy like Conacher

Killorn. Stamkos. Kucherov
Palat. Johnson. Point
Names Gourde. Conacher
Callahan Dumont Kunitz

Paquette

Condra Erne and Brown Syracuse bound

3 scoring lines and a lock down 4th line

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Conacher isn't better than Brown nor Paquette at a fourth line role. Conacher competes for a roster spot in a top 6 scoring role ... and he isn't better than anyone on our top 6. Gourde is a better PK'r and can play all three forward positions so Gourde is a better third line option. Conacher will once again be passed over and if he makes the team he will spend most of his time riding pine.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Conacher is a nice injury call up but you don't want him in your lineup consistently. Unless he lights it up in preseason and gets instant chemistry with someone he'll be back in Syracuse challenging for MVP. He'll get his call ups when Palat, Johnson and Callahan get their yearly injury and look ok while putting up a few points but not enough to stick when those players get healthy. I feel like he has to show a lot early because we are going to give Erne just as good a look, while Peca did ok last year and should see time too. The way his contract is set up, same with Dumont, this is the year they get the looks because next year they're on a two way deal so keeping them in Syracuse isn't as costly.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
im all for moving out brown and paquette

erne is right choice not conacher imho

Erne will be the right choice when he develops some consistency and urgency to his game. I watched at least half of The crunch games last year and he showed up to maybe a quarter of them. He's has the ability but I don't think he is ready yet.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
EE made a projected line-up for next season, looks pretty good...

Namestnikov- Stamkos - Kucherov
Palat - Johnson - Point
Killorn - Gourde - Callahan
Kunitz - Paquette - Dumont
Brown

Hedman - Dotchin
Koekkoek - Stralman
Coburn - Giradi
Sustr

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

Palat - Johnson - Point
Brown

Hedman - Dotchin
Koekkoek - Stralman
Coburn - Giradi
Sustr

So no sergachev?

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013

Palat - Johnson - Point
Brown

Hedman - Dotchin
Koekkoek - Stralman
Coburn - Giradi
Sustr

I'd like to see Callahan up with Stamkos and Kucherov

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Here's mine

Namestnikov-Stamkos-Kucherov
Palat-Johnson-Gourde
Killorn-Point-Callahan
Kunitz-Dumont-Conacher
Paquette

Hedman-Dotchin
Sergachev-Stralman
Koekkoek-Coburn
Sustr

Vasilevskiy
Budaj

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL

Palat - Johnson - Point
Brown

Hedman - Dotchin
Koekkoek - Stralman
Coburn - Giradi
Sustr

Why do you always spell it "Giradi" and not "Girardi" as it is actually spelled?

MrClutch86

Aug 23, 2013
Tampa
Here's mine

Palat-Johnson-Gourde
Killorn-Point-Callahan
Kunitz-Dumont-Conacher
Paquette

Hedman-Dotchin
Sergachev-Stralman
Koekkoek-Coburn
Sustr

Vasilevskiy
Budaj

I agree with this forward group except I don't want Gourde in the top 6 or Conacher playing a 4th line role. Can we just sign Jagr or someone for 2RW please? That is a huge hole.
Palat-Johnson-Jagr/FA
Killorn-Point-Callahan
Kunitz-Gourde-Paquette
Dumont

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad