Salary Cap: 2017-18 Roster Building Thread VI | Contract/FA charts in Post #1 | CAP SET at $75M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Pens should hit up Ryan Murphy (D) - GMJR drafted him 12th overall in 2011

Pens should also hit up Andrei Loktionov (C) - he wants to come back to the NHL and GMJR traded for him in 2014

Pass on Murphy. Not interested in Loktionov.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Did you watch any Florida last year, or are you just statwatching? I already know the answer, btw.

yes, actually. did you watch any? lol suggesting Jussi should hang them up is asinine.

Panthers are one of my favorite teams.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
That doesn't answer my question at all...

You literally just repeated what you originally said instead of responding to my "okay, but who?" question :laugh:

On Duchene:

Please go to Nashville or just rot in Colorado.

I have been giving names for our centers for the last 2/3 weeks on who I think we can target and afford and who replace what Bones and Cullen brought. Probably a trade and a UFA. I would do Duchene if it didn't involve Sprong and sign a veteran like Cullen or Moore. Ideally Duchene and Boyle, but I am not holding my breath there. I would settle for Eakin and Boyle and I think that is quite doable. I want this team in a position to win another back to back while we have cheap wingers and MM signed cheap and before our stars start to decline or injuries catch up to them. I think the worst thing we can do is nothing or go cheap quality and think we are going to pull it off. I am confident JR and the front office, Sully, Sid and Geno and pretty much everyone in the organization realizes the unique oppourtunity the franchise has at this moment in time. Going cheap and Lazy isn't the right move.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
1st+Murray+ Milano+something else might make sense. Sakic will want someone of higher caliber than Murray though. No idea what he thinks hes gonna get.

They'll offer Murray, he'll ask for Werenski or Jones and it'll all fall apart just like every other rumored offer so far for Duchene, who is apparently the most valuable player in the history of the NHL.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
They'll offer Murray, he'll ask for Werenski or Jones and it'll all fall apart just like every other rumored offer so far for Duchene, who is apparently the most valuable player in the history of the NHL.

Theres hard bargaining and then theres whatever Sakic is doing...

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Jokinen isn't quick enough and I think he would be worse than Bonino at 3C. I seem to recall people here got annoyed by him a lot when he played

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I have been giving names for our centers for the last 2/3 weeks on who I think we can target and afford and who replace what Bones and Cullen brought. Probably a trade and a UFA. I would do Duchene if it didn't involve Sprong and sign a veteran like Cullen or Moore. Ideally Duchene and Boyle, but I am not holding my breath there. I would settle for Eakin and Boyle and I think that is quite doable. I want this team in a position to win another back to back while we have cheap wingers and MM signed cheap and before our stars start to decline or injuries catch up to them. I think the worst thing we can do is nothing or go cheap quality and think we are going to pull it off. I am confident JR and the front office, Sully, Sid and Geno and pretty much everyone in the organization realizes the unique oppourtunity the franchise has at this moment in time. Going cheap and Lazy isn't the right move.

The Penguins aren't going to get Duchene without an obscene payment, so he's out. Eakin had even a worse season than Jokinen had last year, so I don't know how you'd be fine with him but Jokinen would be terrible. Eakin had 12 points in 60 games last year. You didn't really answer my question outside of those two guys, all of this:

I want this team in a position to win another back to back while we have cheap wingers and MM signed cheap and before our stars start to decline or injuries catch up to them. I think the worst thing we can do is nothing or go cheap quality and think we are going to pull it off. I am confident JR and the front office, Sully, Sid and Geno and pretty much everyone in the organization realizes the unique oppourtunity the franchise has at this moment in time. Going cheap and Lazy isn't the right move.

Doesn't answer my question of "okay, who?". You gave one guy that the Penguins realistically can't get and another guy who also had an awful season last year.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Jokinen isn't quick enough and I think he would be worse than Bonino at 3C. I seem to recall people here got annoyed by him a lot when he played

he would be worse, but not by much at all. Bones aint quick either....

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Trade rumor forums suggest Jenner is definitely part of the discussion for Duchene now.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Thinking about it some more, I think I'd be on board with bringing in Teravainen to be the 3C. I don't think the Penguins realistically have the assets to bring him in, and with Carolina needing centers I don't know why they'd trade Teravainen unless he couldn't play center, but I think he'd have a really high potential here.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
If that's the package for a top line C I'm even more grateful for Sid & Geno. CBJ is going to sell the farm for Duchene to try to keep pace with the Pens.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
The Penguins aren't going to get Duchene without an obscene payment, so he's out. Eakin had even a worse season than Jokinen had last year, so I don't know how you'd be fine with him but Jokinen would be terrible. Eakin had 12 points in 60 games last year. You didn't really answer my question outside of those two guys, all of this:

Doesn't answer my question of "okay, who?". You gave one guy that the Penguins realistically can't get and another guy who also had an awful season last year.

Your question was answered weeks before you asked it. This nonsense is over.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Thinking about it some more, I think I'd be on board with bringing in Teravainen to be the 3C. I don't think the Penguins realistically have the assets to bring him in, and with Carolina needing centers I don't know why they'd trade Teravainen unless he couldn't play center, but I think he'd have a really high potential here.

Yes, Alot of Skill there. There were rumors of Carolina wanting to trade him at the TDL, so maybe he is available.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Your question was answered weeks before you asked it. This nonsense is over.

So you won't actually provide any examples? Okay :laugh:

If you answered it already, why not just give some players? Like it would take you 10 seconds to list a couple guys who would be better options. You refusing to do that makes me think you don't have any better options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad