Salary Cap: 2017-18 Roster Building Thread V | Contract/FA charts in Post #1 | CAP SET at $75M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Schultz and Dumo like others have said should be the #1 priority and I hope something get's done rather fast to let JR figure out what else can be done come Saturday.

Also was listening to McGuire yesterday and he was talking about how solid Beauchemin was for the Avs despite their pathetic season. He always had that nasty game and always seemed to be liked by teammates. How would you guys feel if he was our #5-6 D replacing Hainsey on a cheap 1 year deal?

Hockeygod66

Mar 25, 2007

Well if it's Either..it should be Daley. It should be both though because it looks like bones is about to break bank. And I like him. He's been a warrior both playoff runs. However he's not a guy you pay a lot for and certainly not long term.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Hopefully Madden is right, i don't want anything to do with Bonino or Daley.

I would definitely pay Hanzal 4 x 4 though if that's possible.

thecore

Jul 2, 2008
Nebraska
steeltuxbird.blogspot.com
Schultz and Dumo like others have said should be the #1 priority and I hope something get's done rather fast to let JR figure out what else can be done come Saturday.

Also was listening to McGuire yesterday and he was talking about how solid Beauchemin was for the Avs despite their pathetic season. He always had that nasty game and always seemed to be liked by teammates. How would you guys feel if he was our #5-6 D replacing Hainsey on a cheap 1 year deal?

I've always been a big Beauchemin fan and would love him in a 5-7 type role.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Guessing Shero is in on this

In on what? Daley? Perhaps, but Detroit is the only link I've seen to Daley so far. Bonino would make no sense for Shero, who already has Hischier, Zacha, Zajac, Henrique, Quenneville and a slew of other bottom-six C candidates to choose from.

Also was listening to McGuire yesterday and he was talking about how solid Beauchemin was for the Avs despite their pathetic season. He always had that nasty game and always seemed to be liked by teammates. How would you guys feel if he was our #5-6 D replacing Hainsey on a cheap 1 year
deal?

I love the idea, I mentioned him a few times now. He can play both sides, and is just a true professional. Just goes about his business. A former Cup winner, but over a decade ago. It might be time to chase another.

As far as Bonino and Daley are concerned, I do not want either back. I wish both well, but I want new blood.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015

He was awful for the Avs. Old, i'd pass. Maybe hed do well in a reduced role. But he is most likely done
I'd target Liles before Beauchemin.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
I've always been a big Beauchemin fan and would love him in a 5-7 type role.

I always liked him too, and last season suggested him as a rental pickup way before it was rental time, based on stats and a few viewings.

Was told by actual Colorado watchers that he was an atrocity however, Scuderi level bad, and it's hard not to give that some credence after his buyout and Colorado fans on this forum absolutely thrashing him.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I think for how he's used with Pens and what he brings offensively, 4x4 is too much. If you're going to be spending 4+ for the third center, he better work with Kessel and other high-end talent and pot some goals. I think his offensive smarts and finish are limited.
IF he insists on 4 year contract, Pens should max at $3.5, otherwise $4 is fine if he's willing to keep to a 2-3 year term

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I'd pursue all options before signing him for that. But that's fair for a decent free agent 3C. He'll likely get another year or more money from someone.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
It's not like we have much of an option unless we want to lose valuable assets. It's him or Hanzal basically.

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
If the Penguins decide to balk at 4x4 for Bonino, I'd expect that means they are relying on a trade to fill the 3c role. Wtih such a dearth of available centers, I can't see any worthwhile UFAs coming here for less than that.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
If they're not interested in bringing him back, I hope there is a desperate team out there who is willing to trade for his rights

Would be nice to cash in a later round pick for next year

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
stephane da costa is coming back to the nhl next year. wouldn't surprise me if the penguins are in on him, seeing as how we need centers.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
If the Penguins decide to balk at 4x4 for Bonino, I'd expect that means they are relying on a trade to fill the 3c role. Wtih such a dearth of available centers, I can't see any worthwhile UFAs coming here for less than that.

That and Cullen may be giving them indications that he'll be back.

4X4 for Bonino? No ****ing thanks. I don't begrudge him for breaking the bank, but regardless of where he goes, he won't be anywhere near as well insulated at 3C. I really hope he realizes that the money he gets will come with a ton of fan and media scrutiny the minute they realize exactly what he is.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
And it looks like the Isles offering Hamonic, a 1st, and a prospect wasn't enough for Duchene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad