Prospect Info: 2017-18 Flyers Prospects - Top 30 SKATERS, #5

FatTugboatFlahr

Apr 6, 2012
Philadelphia
Because of organizational depth? I mean, he's a former first round pick with top-four potential, and he's probably closer to realizing an NHL role than anyone else left on the list (possible exception of Hagg).

I'm not sure he'll have a better NHL career than a few of tr other guys, but I'm much more confident about him actually playing in the league than some of the guys they just drafted.

(Rubtsov' a different story. You could easily sell me on the combination of his upside and accomplishments. To me, they're a tier above the restof the guys left on the list, who are all further away with bigger question marks).

Simply put.. German in my opinion is just a better prospect than Sam.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
Went Morin. I think he's going to surprise and be a great defensive force for us. It is close with German though, he's next.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Thanks for the bump.

Went with Rubstov, and the next pick is an automatic for Morin. I was leaning Sam initially, but I like Rubstov as a Gagne-like player, if he stays healthy think he could do wonders on the wing, and being a natural center, expect him to have a high hockey IQ.

whatthef

Failure is an Option
Mar 1, 2007
Upper Darby
Morin is more likely to reach potential but has a low ceiling. Which I see as elite defensive defenseman on the second pair/PK. Rubtsov has more potential as a scoring forward/PP player and his great forechecking ability which similar skills could be applied defensively and be solid in the defensive end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad