Twarynski, Carson ~ LW
Vecchione, Mike ~ C
Vorobyov, Mikhail ~ C
Warren, Brendan ~ LW
Willcox, Reece ~ RHD

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016
I voted Morin his size and physical presence will be a welcome addition to the penalty kill and balances out the skilled d we have coming.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Rubtsov for me. I like Morin, but he's been in the organization 4 years, and I think we sort of know what he is. Unless you think he still has top pair upside that's still just an arm's reach away, my vote goes to the guy with realistic top 6 upside. It wasn't so long ago that he was one of if not the best prospect in the organization, but it has gotten so deep now that he doesn't need to be placeholdered in....IMO!

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
I'm pretty surprised Morin is winning this. I have Rubtsov clearly ahead, Frost slightly ahead, and then Allison and Ratcliffe barely edging him out.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Im having a hard time with this one.

Rubstov is obviously the more talented of the two, even when factoring in different positions and styles.

But does that mean he will have as big an impact on games as Morin potentially could?

Im gonna sleep on this one.

Delete99991

May 9, 2013
I'm pretty surprised Morin is winning this. I have Rubtsov clearly ahead, Frost slightly ahead, and then Allison and Ratcliffe barely edging him out.

Agreed. At this point we have a good idea of Morin's limitations; Rubtsov remains relatively higher upside, I'd have thought.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

I think all of that is completely reasonable, which is why I am having a hard time with this - my gut tells me to vote Big Sam, but I can't tell if it is a "sympathy vote" in the sense that I want to throw him a bone for being (possibly)(slightly) underestimated by people. In saying that, I do realize that this is just for ****s and giggles and isn't that serious :laugh:

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Went with Rubtsov. I'm not as high on Morin as others are. I'm not sure he's a better prospect than Hagg.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
I think all of that is completely reasonable, which is why I am having a hard time with this - my gut tells me to vote Big Sam, but I can't tell if it is a "sympathy vote" in the sense that I want to throw him a bone for being (possibly)(slightly) underestimated by people. In saying that, I do realize that this is just for ****s and giggles and isn't that serious :laugh:

I don't think a Morin vote is unjustified. He's the closest to the NHL of the realistic options, and that counts for something (perhaps a lot depending on the person). For me, I just can't see that crazy upside that some people do given the fact that he's never displayed any true dominance at the lower levels. His best case scenario is a #3 defender, and even that would be pretty fortunate, imo.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
This guy...
[Tweet]836786152749338624[/MEDIA]
One of my favorite prospects. He just does everything. Center or wing it doesn't matter. He'll likely succeed at either. You can just pencil him into a future key role wherever he's needed most.

If everything pans out like we hope, both he and Frost could probably go either way as a LW or C in the future. Vorobyov would be the pure center.

Edit: I'll just edit these 2 gifs in here as well...
[Tweet]796895045286817792[/MEDIA]

[Tweet]796895168347652097[/MEDIA]

Last edited:

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Should find that OT game winner or whatever it was where he got the breakaway. That was a beaut.

One of my favorite things about Rubtsov is his hands are ridiculous. Such a soft puck handler who can navigate through traffic and dangle and maintain possession and slow it the game down. But he doesn't do it all the time because he's smart about it. Other favorite thing is watching him hound defenders on the forecheck. It's an art. Could watch him all day doing it.

My only thing is idk about what he is on the PP. Chicoutimi had a PP that was basically just get it to the point for Allard to rip it or have Roy do some dirty work. It was pretty bland and static, though it was effective enough. German wasn't really decisive on it either and didn't show much attack from the right half wall. I wonder if he's a guy who would be great in the Schenn bumper spot. Anyway go Gerrrrman.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I vote on realistic upside, so while I understand going for Morin because he's ready for the NHL, I'm strongly in the Rubtsov camp here. Stizzle started the gifs, so let me keep it going.

Roberts is a fantastic Twitter follow for those of you that don't already and enjoy gif breakdowns. Might be my favorite hockey Twitter follow period.

As Magua said, he's an absolute terror on the forecheck. He eats zone exits alive with subtle positioning and a ridiculous motor. This isn't a one time occurrence. This is just what he does.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
I really, really, really like Morin. I think he's still got top-pairing shutdown potential. I don't even think we'll fully know what we have on our hands until he's 25 or so. Still went with Rubtsov. I think at he's at least a good 2nd line winger.

towe

Feb 15, 2012
Going Rubtsov here. I think he will have a Big Year if he can stay healthy.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Probably a reach for most here, but i went with Robert Hägg.

Still see him as a sleeper who could really make big strides once he cracks the NHL roster. Will never put up a lot of points but could turn into a skilled, reliable shutdown defenseman.... thinking kind of a Hjalmarson lite.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad