2017-18 EFL Carabao Cup

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
No one defends the throw in and no one touches Slimani on the way in.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Feel obligated to point out that the team concedes about double the goals when Henderson is the #6 compared to Can.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Completely coincidental. Can is an absolute passenger who barely defends at all and mostly looks to burst forward.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Defensive Midfielder is merely a suggestion to Klopp. All of this is systematic.

Liverpool kept many clean sheets to end the season when Can was in that position.

I don't really care about this game because if it mattered to Klopp Flanagan wouldn't be playing. But if you'll notice on the first goal our #6 was also standing there like a dope outside of the penalty area.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
lol we're moving the ball around like a hot potato since Wijnaldum came off.

Also outside of the first 30 minutes Ox has been terrible on the right.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Liverpool kept many clean sheets to end the season when Can was in that position.

I don't really care about this game because if it mattered to Klopp Flanagan wouldn't be playing. But if you'll notice on the first goal our #6 was also standing there like a dope outside of the penalty area.

That was last season. They aren't playing like that anymore. They are all standing around like dopes. They punch themselves out, get scored on, (usually against the run of play), and then lose their heads. It's the same story every game.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Seems to me like he should be standing roughly where Okazaki is.

Yep. The knockdown is the defensive midfielder's job to get rid of. He is never ever there. Yet Can played in many games against these kind of teams in that position and they conceded less. That is not a coincidence.

Henderson is a decent #8 and nothing more, but he lacks end product and we rely on him way too much.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Needed to make a run in this competition. That is a pretty early failure.

I don't agree. The last time they won this cup it didn't move the needle at all. Only winning FA Cup will be seen as an accomplishment.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Yep. The knockdown is the defensive midfielder's job to get rid of. He is never ever there. Yet Can played in many games against these kind of teams in that position and they conceded less. That is not a coincidence.

Can might have been rested because he played Saturday. But I do feel like Can is better option against these teams.

What Liverpool really should do, is sign Thomas Delaney.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Note, winning silver is a goal this year. But honestly, if they're going to try to stay in the top 4, the sooner they're out, the better.

They had probably 2-3 starters playing in this, and that's 2-3 too many.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Note, winning silver is a goal this year. But honestly, if they're going to try to stay in the top 4, the sooner they're out, the better.

They had probably 2-3 starters playing in this, and that's 2-3 too many.

But I thought this game was supposed to showcase Liverpool's depth?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad