2017-18 EFL Carabao Cup

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
So here is the round 3 draw for the Carabao Cup (the one no one cares about unless they win). Matches take place week of September 18th.

West Bromwich Albion vs Manchester City
Everton vs Sunderland
Leicester City vs Liverpool
Manchester United vs Burton Albion
Brentford vs Norwich
Wolves vs Bristol Rovers
Burnley vs Leeds United
Arsenal vs Doncaster Rovers
Bristol City vs Stoke City
Reading vs Swansea
Aston Villa vs Middlesbrough
Chelsea vs Nottingham Forest
West Ham United vs Bolton Wanderers
Crystal Palace vs Huddersfield Town
Tottenham Hotspur vs Barnsley or Derby County
Bournemouth vs Brighton and Hove Albion

Last edited:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Liverpool have the anomaly of playing back to back games at Leicester. Fun.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The English League Cup is sponsored by a Thai energy drink. What a time.

And they wonder why it's not taken seriously. I hate the League Cup whatever it's called. So does everyone else unless they win it and then it's the best and so is their team. Yuck.

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
League Cup is a waste when you already have the FA Cup and League teams already play 46 games.

I get they're trying to give the top-4 leagues another trophy like how the lower leagues get the Trophy and Vase but the winner only gets 100K so it's not worth it to any of the teams outside League 2(if that even).

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
League Cup is a waste when you already have the FA Cup and League teams already play 46 games.

I get they're trying to give the top-4 leagues another trophy like how the lower leagues get the Trophy and Vase but the winner only gets 100K so it's not worth it to any of the teams outside League 2(if that even).

I'd say the biggest draw of the league cup is for mid/low table teams because it gets them into the Europa League.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
I thought it was some random friendly tournament when I saw the thread title and was confused why it was getting posted about now :laugh:

Thought the same when Chelsea's official twitter announced we drew Forest. I was like "why the hell are we doing a friendly tournament during the season"

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Leicester - Liverpool is getting televised on the 19th

Man Utd - Burton is getting televised on the 20th (only game on the 20th)

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
AOC is starting for Liverpool today. Solanke is at striker and Danny Ings is on the bench. Also Flanagan is back in the side. Liverpool have a ton a depth this season at everywhere except CB and they are using it today. Now if only they can convince Klopp to uses his substitutes in a league game.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
AOC is starting for Liverpool today. Solanke is at striker and Danny Ings is on the bench. Also Flanagan is back in the side. Liverpool have a ton a depth this season at everywhere except CB and they are using it today. Now if only they can convince Klopp to uses his substitutes in a league game.

It's a strong side. Would have been interesting to see Klopp use a diamond (still my preferred formation) instead though with Grujic or Henderson on the bench.

Flanagan - Gomez - Klavan - Robertson
Henderson*
Chamberlain - Wijnaldum
Coutinho
Solanke - Woodburn​

Still, it's a strong side for this match and like you said the depth is on display. Hope for an encouraging performance.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
That's not a strong side, our defense is absolute trash. I would never want Flanagan to be playing in any of these games.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I am surprised by the Tottenham line-up, thought for sure this would be a good spot to rest Vertongen and Alderweireld (Although I doubt Alderweireld sees the pitch) as well as some of the midfield but really it is pretty close to a normal line-up.

With Trippier starting and Aurier not even on the bench I hope this means he will be taking a bigger role in the CL and EPL games now over Trippier.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Robertson and Chambo starting brightly.

Wijnaldum's touch is unreal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->